Cudde owners

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Just a heads up… This offer ends at the end of the month. You have less than a week left. I don’t predict we’ll see this type of special pricing for a while, so if you’re looking to put a VHF radio on your boat, now is the time to do it. If you have questions, feel free to post them or email me.

coppertop
    Central MN

I have 2 older C-3000’s. They have been very good to me over the years with no complaints. I had them out until shedding this past spring and they worked like new then put them out in early July. One of the cams has been acting up and fried 2 of my compact flash cards. The camera will read “camera error” on the LCD screen and when I try to read the cards in my card reader it will not acknowledge them. Anybody ever get the message “CAMERA ERROR?” I have since pulled the camera and have it at home and have not had time to tinker with it nor have I contacted costomer service which btw I dread after reading about their lack of. I have not done anything out of the ordinary when changing batteries or pulling cards. Any ideas or quick fix ideas? Thanks, Randy

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Have you tried a different card? i know some of those cameras act funny with different types of cards in them

lick

randy im going thru the same thing with my excite

i too dred the cudde customer service because of what ive heard

love my 3 captures thou

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Randy…last year I had the same issue but it didnt fry my card…I called cudde, sent in my camera with $100.00 and they returned a brand new camera in about 10 days…my cudde was about 5 years old or so so I thought it wasnt a bad deal…I feel for you though…nothing worse then going to the camera and not havin pics…good luck…Jay

whittsend

Did you try reformatting your cards with your computer?

Otherwise, you will probably have to send it in. I had to send one in a year or two ago and didn’t have any bad service problems, other than I had to pay $100+ dollars to get it replaced. My old unit was a good 3-4 years old at that point, so it wasn’t too bad I guess. That being said, if my current Cudde fails like my last one, this will be my last Cudde.

Mike

coppertop
    Central MN

Quote:

Have you tried a different card? i know some of those cameras act funny with different types of cards in them

Hook, That’s just it. I’m afraid to burn up another $25 card. These are the exact cards I’ve always used.

coppertop
    Central MN

Quote:

Otherwise, you will probably have to send it in. I had to send one in a year or two ago and didn’t have any bad service problems, other than I had to pay $100+ dollars to get it replaced. My old unit was a good 3-4 years old at that point, so it wasn’t too bad I guess. That being said, if my current Cudde fails like my last one, this will be my last Cudde.

Mike

Mike, I did try to reformat my cards but the computer is saying no disk in drive??? Guess, I’ll just have to send it in and give them more $$$$$$$$$$$$!

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Hook, That’s just it. I’m afraid to burn up another $25 card. These are the exact cards I’ve always used.

i have 6 cards and none of them will go works fine with no card in it turn it off put card in and it says please wait for like 5 minutes then takes but only get a few pics then says error card full but only has 2 pics on it

lick

could you tell me how to do that ????

whittsend

Open up “my computer” or somehow get to where you are viewing the computer drives. When you see the correct card drive, right click on it. You should get an option to format.

After you click format, I don’t remember what the other steps are without actually having a card to work with… I think they are all pretty straighforard though. It might just ask something about FAT mode or something like that, and I believe you just keep the default settings.

If your card is truly fried, you can’t hurt it any worse, right?

The cuddeback manual might also have instructions on how to reformat the card, so you can check that as well (probably can find it online, too). When I sent my unit back, this is what they had me try first. That didn’t work (my problem sounds similar to yours), so I sent it back.

Not sure if it will work for you, but its worth a shot before you spend the $$$ to ship it back / get a replacement.

Good luck,

Mike

lick

thanks mike ill give it a shot

whittsend

also, i don’t know where you guys get memory cards, but don’t get them at places like worst buy. Check out online places like amazon.com… Generally much cheaper, and they all work just fine in my experience. usually you can get free shipping, too.

Mike

lick

walmart for me

lexar for compact flash

scan disc for the captures

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

walmart for me

Now that’s a shocker! Employee discount no doubt!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Quote:

walmart for me

<snicker>

lick

Quote:

Quote:

walmart for me

havent you left for colorado yet

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

walmart for me

<snicker>

what are your plans for opening weekend in wis??? wise guy

i hope big G gets back soon im out numbered

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Gut…mine did exactly what you are describing…nothin you can do except send it in and theyll give you a new one..with $100.00 of course or use it..or use it as an expensive yardage marker …Jay

lick

Quote:

Gut…mine did exactly what you are describing…nothin you can do except send it in and theyll give you a new one..with $100.00 of course or use it..or use it as an expensive yardage marker …Jay

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.