Gun / bow airline travel cases…

• whittsend

I know this subject has been hashed out before… But I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with the Cabela’s bulletproof line of gun/bow cases – specifically this one:

Cabela’s “Bullet Proof” Combination Bow and Two-Rifle Case Item:QZ-226584

It pretty pricey at $380 but a combo case that fits two bows or a bow and two rifles might be very handy, especially for my upcoming bear trip to Newfoundland next June. (Besides, I’ve got a few Cabelas points to burn… )

Anyone have any firsthand experience with this case or other cases in the “Bulletproof” lineup? How do they hold up? nice features? This one looks aweful heavy, but I would imagine that weight might be relatively unavoidable when looking for solid protection against airline handlers. Any other brands of combo bow/rifle cases that would be a better value?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

neusch303

Quote:

I know this subject has been hashed out before… But I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with the Cabela’s bulletproof line of gun/bow cases – specifically this one:

Cabela’s “Bullet Proof” Combination Bow and Two-Rifle Case Item:QZ-226584

It pretty pricey at $380 but a combo case that fits two bows or a bow and two rifles might be very handy, especially for my upcoming bear trip to Newfoundland next June. (Besides, I’ve got a few Cabelas points to burn… )

Anyone have any firsthand experience with this case or other cases in the “Bulletproof” lineup? How do they hold up? nice features? This one looks aweful heavy, but I would imagine that weight might be relatively unavoidable when looking for solid protection against airline handlers. Any other brands of combo bow/rifle cases that would be a better value?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Mike, I’ve not used this brand, however I’ve had friend who have. I’ve used cheaper brands. While theirs may have a few scratches, they basically new as new as the day they purchased them. My cheaper one, not so much. All our cases have been through hell and back. My case looks like it. Yes, the Cabela’s cases are heavy. But that’s what is required for rugged construction. On our next trip, dad and I have both decided to look into the Cabela’s case.

I have another friend who’s been on the same trips and he swears by SKB cases. http://www.skbcases.com/

These cases are impressive, and a lot lighter then the Cabela’s cases. I’d recommend looking into the SKB. I think Cabela’s carries SKBs.

whittsend

Thanks, I’ve also had this recommendation. I will definately look into them!

Mike

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I beleave my younger brother is using the SKB for travel also. I’ll have to double check and ask.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.