7mm vs 7mm – 08

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Steamer, I tried to send the info requested to you…but the email came back as undeliverable.

Send me an email at [email protected]

We’ll get you hooked up! waytogo

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

What is the main difference between the 7mm vs the 7mm-08?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Good reply Darrin! I agree 100%…

If you meant the non magnum 7MM as in 7MM Mauser…AKA 7X57 Mauser… That is an awesome cartridge that is very close to the 7MM-08 ballistically, with more case capacity for handloaders.
    It is a popular custom rifle caliber that (sadly) is only made in a few rifles comercially today. Ruger still makes it in a #1 single shot and possibly the Mannlicher bolt action.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

thanks for the feedback, I am looking at the 7mm mag but was and am leaning towards the 7mm-08 as deer and hopefully someday other big game gun…

little_g
    durand WI

I have a 7mm-08 remington youth short barrel very light would not trade it for the anything. A 300 yards it will shot a 1 inch group on the fourth shot about 5 inches

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

wow, that sounds like a heck of a pattern out that far!

little_g
    durand WI

Unfortnatly its not me pulling the tigger, its my uncle that shoots about everyday and reloads his own shells.I personally would have a 20 inch pattern. He told me its probably one of the most accurate guns he has ever shot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.