Buying a new gun

• wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I am wondering what is needed now-a-days to purchase a new gun (besides money). Is it still a 7-10 day waiting period or can you leave that day with your purchase? Also, is there anything different between purchasing a new vs. used gun from a dealer or shop?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Shotguns/Rifles..fill out a form and twenty minutes your good. Can’t speak for a handgun.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

thanks big g, now time for some shopping

sunnyd
    Central Minnesota

Permit to purchase is required to purchase a handgun but the task at the shop is the same fill out the form and you are on your way. Permit to purchase can be applied for at your local law enforcement agency. My local police office issues them at least for residents in town…I can’t speak to someone living in the country but I would assume its the same. I actually needed my permit to purchase when buying a TC Pro Hunter butt/action without barrel so laws and types of weapon that require a permit vary. Searching for a deer rifle, shotgun or other?

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

looking at a new shot gun eventually pistol but now a shotgun and also a .22

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Piece of cake unless your a felon. With C&C permit in MN buying a handgun is just as easy as buying a long gun.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

thanks was out looking this past weekend now I have found 2 shotguns I want…decisions to make…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.