Humminbird Smartstrike

• snelson223
    Austin MN

Has anyone seen this? What do you think of the idea?

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Has anyone seen this? What do you think of the idea?

You must have gotten the same notice I did. I curious as well. Sounds interesting.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I went to the Bassmasters Classic page and clicked on the ad.

Interesting. For me though, I’d be leery about relying on it too much like a crutch. I’d treat it more like a fishing magazine where it gives you good general info, but its up to you refine the search. Every body of water is different, I don’t care how good the algorithm is, you are going to still have to do some “computing” in your head.

That being said it is still a tool and I could see it being worth it if you use it correctly.

I kind of wonder how some of the marketing department feels about it. If people start using it and expecting it to put them on a limit of fish everyday, there is going to be a lot negative chatter out there.

I’m also a little confused. So has this been out since 2014? If so, I have to question its worth…this is the first time I am hearing about it.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

I heard about this when it came out in 2014, but it was only for the onix and ION units. The news release from yesterday, I got it too, was that they were making it compatible with the HELIX, 9, 10, and 12 CHIRP units.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ah, there you go. So one can assume they are selling enough to make it more widely available.

JoeMX1825
    MN

imo it’s just another way for Humminbird to make an easy $150, I’m guessing Humminbird hired several low level Bass Pro’s (or interns) to go through every lakemap and highlight spots that look like they would hold fish… They then made those spots searchable based on basic conditions (time of day, time of season, weather, pressure, etc)

bottomline, these highlighted spots are all based on somebody else’s interpretation of reading the map….I doubt they ever touched water on 99% of the lakes they marked spots for…

If you fish a new lake every day, it will probably save you some time not having to download a new map and look over it for target spots everytime…

I don’t think this is an option, but if the chip allowed you to highlight your own spots and make them searchable based on conditions you entered at the time, that would be useful…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ah, there you go. So one can assume they are selling enough to make it more widely available.

or not selling enough thus making it available to other model lines to hopefully boost sales…

Smartstrike should be included on the Lakemaster cards imo…They just separated them to increase profits…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.