Hub Insulation

• Reed

I have an uninsulated Eskimo quick fish hub. Has anyone added something like this to the top of the hub to help keep heat and reduce condensation? Just thinking of ideas outside of buying a new insulated shelter.

Attachments:
    1. Capture.png

watisituya
    North Metro

I have used this in my 1 man flip over, def helped with condensation. Couldn’t comment on heat, its so small a good fart will keep it warm….

Rick Janssen

I have a 1500 gal old water tank on a friends pond. I used this type of insulation on the top and sides of the tank and it works great. I just used spray glue the first year and that did not hold so I use some short screws with washers and screwed it up. I don’t think you want to do that on your hub :-), but this type of insulation works great.

Crappy Fisherman

It would work but not very easy to fold up. You would be better off just getting an insulated hub.

Tom Dace

I’ve used it for my hub. I won’t insulate the entire thing. I cut pieces off big enough for each wall and stuff it behind the supports. Then just pull it out when you take the thing down. I put my heater in the corner that the wind hits and insulate behind the heater and around the bottom. That alone is enough to make a big difference as it gives one more layer of a wind break. I put it in the roof once and that was it. The condensation would be channeled into a stream in one spot. I’ll take the occasional random drip over getting peed on by a steady stream any day.

Reed

Thanks Tom. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks everyone else as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.