How do you know the battery percentage?

• aaronbecker
    Mantorville, MN

How can you tell what the battery life is of your batteries that run your trolling motor? I have two batteries and an onboard charger that just tells me that it’s charging or fully charged(and if there’s a connection issue) but not the life. Is there something out there that can tell me that?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

How can you tell what the battery life is of your batteries that run your trolling motor? I have two batteries and an onboard charger that just tells me that it’s charging or fully charged(and if there’s a connection issue) but not the life. Is there something out there that can tell me that?

One can use a volt meter to find the state of charge. Once you know the state of charge you can then calculate how many amps of use remain in your battery based on how low you wish to deplete the battery. It is recommended that you never draw a battery below 50% charge. The chart below applies to standard lead acid batteries.
    chart

CBMN
    North Metro

Does your Terrova have a battery gauge/meter that might give you a ballpark?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Take them into a auto parts store that has a battery tester and they can do a load test and tell you the health of your batteries.

aaronbecker
    Mantorville, MN

Completely forgot about that. Yes, it does have a button to press that will give me an idea on the remaining charge. Well that wraps up this thread haha

aaronbecker
    Mantorville, MN

that second link would be kind of nice to have in the dash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.