hot dogs

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There was a rain delay at Coney Island for the annual Nathan’s hot dog eating contest but they just finished it up now. Joey Chestnut has prevailed yet again for 62 hot dogs in 10 minutes. Its painful to watch these guys dunk them in water and slurp them down lol. They interviewed him afterwards and he said “I feel great. Gonna have a few beers later.” LOL

How many hot dogs do you think you could eat in 10 minutes? I think I could do about 10. Average 1 per minute.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

his cholesterol levels must be through the roof. not much of a hot dog guy but if its a Portillos or a locally made skin on dog, Im all in!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’d say I could eat 8-10 in 10 minutes. I’m 180# with clothes on. I know I’d feel miserable afterwards.

It’s interesting to see the different body sizes and types in the competitive eating world.

I did watch a buddy in college eat 49 chicken wings in a setting. They were not tiny wings either. The competition was to see if anyone could eat 3 dozen and win a T shirt at a local pub. He just kept going. He was an All-American NCAA wrestler and was probably 160# with about 2% body fat.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

If I “trained” for it I’d think I could do 10 in 10 minutes. There was a softball tourney where I ate like 28 in a day. Believe me, the meat sweats nearly did me in that night! tongue

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I could do maybe 10 in my younger years.
    I did have a 200 lb Mastiff that probably could beat Joey. I’d take him to quick trip for a snack every once and a while, get him a hand full off the wiener roller, he would basically eat them whole and look at me like “dude, that’s it?”

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sorry if that’s what u use as a good time

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Joey Chestnut is an American hero and the greatest athlete of our generation.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

It’s hard to call a man that refers to himself as a gurgitator a hero.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s hard to call a man that refers to himself as a gurgitator a hero.

Especially if he doesn’t have Chilli?

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

do you ever think about the size of their crap they take after competitive eating. might be a good way to get rid of some maggots in an out house, one would think?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I once ate 5 dome dogs before the second inning of a twins game when they used to have dollar dog night. I had to leave the game early…

Coletrain27

i cant imagine eating 62 of them. i could maybe handle 4 of them anything more than that i would be barfing doah

Dan
    Southeast MN

He ties Ric Flair and John Cena as a 16-time champion jester

CaptainMusky

The real shame is that kobyashi was banned because he wouldn’t sign with competitive eating to only compete in their events. He would destroy chestnut.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I just couldn’t do that to myself. There’s no way I could ever look at 8 packs of hot dogs and go, “Gimme 10 minutes. I’ll take care of that.”
    The most I’ve ever eaten, without a bun, is 4, and I felt like crap after that.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I could probably do a Bakers Dozen, maybe a few more in a contest. I could not dip them in water without gagging though redface . I never did any official competitive eating but would take on friends/coworkers in challenges. In HS I ate a dozen 8 oz precooked steaks at the Alexandria Steak buffet, which was a store record at the time. I did a dozen hard shell Taco John’s tacos in 10 minutes, and 8 McDoubles in 10 minutes in an office challenge, both of those I could have done more, but that was enough to win. We also did a pizza challenge at a place in North St Paul that had a 4 foot diameter pizza, that 4 people could attempt in a half hour, and we did not come remotely close to doing that one.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Back in high school when I worked at Gordy’s hi hat here in Cloquet, when we would work the closing shift on Coney day I’d get a half dozen coneys to eat as I cleaned the kitchen, but that was back when I could have probably eaten twice that and not felt like hell afterwards. I got full this weekend after a dog and a brat, so I bet I couldn’t even touch 10 these days.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Kobyashi has lost to Chestnut already

CaptainMusky

Kobyashi has lost to Chestnut already

a couple years ago in protest Kobayashi ate hot dogs on a rooftop hotel at the same time as chestnut was competing across the street. He beat the record and chestnut didn’t get close. Kabayashi actually stopped when he got the record.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think I could do about 10-12.. depending on size. One time, my ex brother in law bet a couple co-workers, checks for check that he could drink and hold down a gallon of whole milk in 1 hour. He did it but, he will bet anyone else they can’t !!! doah crazy chased

Sharon
    SE Metro

Uhh I don’t think I’m going to answer this question! rotflol rotflol

In all seriousness competitive eating has never really interested me. I don’t think my stomach could handle that much food in a short amount of time. -Insert barf emoji here-

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Uhh I don’t think I’m going to answer this question!

Sharon, get your mind out of the gutter! jester rotflol rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I once ate 5 dome dogs before the second inning of a twins game when they used to have dollar dog night. I had to leave the game early…

The dome dogs were never a dollar lol. The dollar dogs were of the smaller, cheaper variety. The dome versions were much bigger. If you downed 5 dome dogs its no wonder you left early. That’s like eating 15 regular ones. applause

Sharon
    SE Metro

I saw this on Facebook last night and it made me chuckle thinking of this post! rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230705_203725_Facebook.jpg

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.