Advice on Horseshoe?

• tgif

I’m making a trip to the Horsehoe chain near Richmond and was wondering which of the lakes is better for walleyes. I’ve only fished there once and it was mid or late July, but only the cats were cooperating then. Thanks for any tips that would narrow the learning curve. TGIF

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

My opinion would be Horseshoe and Ceder Lake. It’s been a slow season for me so far. If you do get into them I would be interested in hearing about it. I have only been on the chain a handfull of times the past month and as you stated the cats where active. I expect better days to come out there.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The deeper bars in Horseshoe have been the best lately. Hammers point and back towards Krons bay would be your best bet I think. The water is really warming up fast, and the water clarity is really good right now. Obviously AM & PM will be your best bet with the water clarity.

tgif

I did best fishing the outlet of Horseshoe…getting 15-18″ eyes on spinners, cranks, and rigs w/ leeches or crawlers in 8 ft. Also caught ‘eyes on Koetter on slip bobbers and crawlers in 5-8 ft. Lots of cats and some nice blue gills as well in the same areas. Horseshoe was really green and water clarity was better on Cedar Is. and Koetter. Lots of traffic as well. It was better than my first trip there. I never figured out which point was Hammer point?? TGIF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.