Hopefully this isn’t politically connected

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m sure as time goes by we will learn the how’s & why’s of the attack. There isn’t a place for this in our society.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Stuff like this happens daily… we only hear about it when it involves someone famous. Guaranteed worse happened to someone in California last night and we will never hear about it. Sad either way.

404 ERROR
    MN

Coming soon. California HOID cards. Hammer Owners Identification card. Only 5 hammers per individual and anything over 18oz is considered an assault hammer. If you are a carpenter, you need a tool belt endorsement on your card before you can legally holster any hammer, assault style or not. 6 hours of training required to received your HOID card and an additional 4 hours for a tool belt endorsement. Fee’s per class not to exceed $200 each.

No hammers within 100 feet of schools, churches, state and federal buildings. LEO are NOT exempt from this restriction.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That is just downright disturbing.

CaptainMusky

I am sure it was politically motivated and it just goes to show their are a lot of whackjobs out there! I am sure it will come out that there were red flags with this person too, but no action was taken. Happens all the time. Its like they want something bad to happen to gaslight it.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

According to multiple sources the guy was heard shouting “where is Nancy! Where is Nancy!”. I dont think we will need Scotland Yard to answer the question in the title of your post

Yet another disturbing aspect of this is, at least so far, I’ve only seen mitch McConnell express his sympathy. Everyone in Washington should be unified in rejecting this but I won’t hold my breath

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Others are saying to bad she was not home. Whats this world come to? Just go fishing.

According to multiple sources the guy was heard shouting “where is Nancy! Where is Nancy!”. I dont think we will need Scotland Yard to answer the question in the title of your post

Yet another disturbing aspect of this is, at least so far, I’ve only seen mitch McConnell express his sympathy. Everyone in Washington should be unified in rejecting this but I won’t hold my breath

CaptainMusky

Everyone in Washington should be unified in rejecting this but I won’t hold my breath

True, but when politicians do everything within their power to drive wedges between their opposition it will never happen. This two party system is so outdated and needs to be overhauled. No true Independent will ever really have a chance because of all the superpacs doling out millions of dollars to campaigns. Look at how much these politicians net worth increases after just a few years in office and its not because of their salaries either.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    Everyone in Washington should be unified in rejecting this but I won’t hold my breath

True, but when politicians do everything within their power to drive wedges between their opposition it will never happen. This two party system is so outdated and needs to be overhauled. No true Independent will ever really have a chance because of all the superpacs doling out millions of dollars to campaigns. Look at how much these politicians net worth increases after just a few years in office and its not because of their salaries either.

If they were smart self preservation would be on their minds. These politicians all think they can control the machine. Ya never know, the whackjob could be sneaking into your house next….

they can all go at each other with hammers for all I care at this moment. I’ve got the day off, the sun is shining
    and the beer is cold

B-man

Though I’m not a fan of the Pelosi family, it’s something that is unexcusable.

The only bright side is the whacko didn’t go in with an AR-15 to add more fuel to that fire.

It just goes to show crazy people are crazy people, and it’s not the hammer or guns fault.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

It just goes to show crazy people are crazy people, and it’s not the hammer or guns fault.

Exactly!

Very sad deal, no matter what a person thinks about her.

FryDog62

It should get the same reaction and coverage as an attempt on a Supreme Court judge’s life back in June… both unacceptable. The media is dead wrong if they slant one as more/less important or impactful.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Dueling hammers.

catmando
    wis

Did someone break into a home of a Supreme Court Justice? And attacked them? I missed that one! Sad thing their are threats all the time, and damn little is done.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I heard about a break-in in January, I don’t know if it was the Supreme Court or not. Haven’t heard how it turned out.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

We as Voters are the dumb A$$es. We hold the power – by voting. People say there should be term limits. There are, it’s called voting them out.
    Captain I disagree with your statement of “politicians do everything within their power to drive wedges” it is a bit true but the bigger wedge driver by far is te media especially the 24 hour “opinion” channels. (They are not news channels)

By the way Dutch I hope this isn’t your Friday night plan.

It better be about the “bird being freed”.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It better be about the “bird being freed”.

I don’t know what this means. frown

If you want to shoot me your e-mail I can add you to the list of guys who have the topic. grin

We have a little pool going on who will be the first to leak it and when. wink

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m in!

and Twitter

Pitter patter

Not sure why house majority leader wouldn’t have security at home, just surprised. Guess can’t secure everyone

blackbay
    mn

Not sure why house majority leader wouldn’t have security at home, just surprised. Guess can’t secure everyone

Exactly. I would assume her house would have been surrounded by security, but maybe her husband didn’t want it.

Jimmy Jones

The house has security when she is actually in it. Where she goes, her security detail goes.

Still, they should have a public hanging of that trash.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The house has security when she is actually in it. Where she goes, her security detail goes.

Still, they should have a public hanging of that trash.

Wanna hear the full story or just string ’em up with what we know?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Well from what we know he put an 82 year old man in the hospital with a skull fracture amongst other injuries using a hammer. What more do you need to know exactly?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

How about why the 82 year old man had a hammer? I suppose you sleep with a hammer in your night stand?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

How about why the 82 year old man had a hammer? I suppose you sleep with a hammer in your night stand?

Didn’t the guy break into his house? I assumed he had the hammer to defend himself from the intruder

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sh$t you are right. I have a hammer right here along side the recliner. My bad.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

What difference does it make why a man had a hammer in his own home? Is he somehow at fault for this crime because he had a hammer? I guess I don’t get where you’re going with this.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You won’t either.

I forgot the hammer was under the pneumatic nail gun.

catmando
    wis

No hammer here just a 357 mag.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Well from what we know he put an 82 year old man in the hospital with a skull fracture amongst other injuries using a hammer. What more do you need to know exactly?

Well if it was actually Paul Pelosi’s gay lover, who is a known SF nudist, and he didn’t break in but the fight spilled out. That would change things. Hypothetically… whistling

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Hopefully this isn’t politically connected’ is closed to new replies.