Help on used Mid Sized Truck

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

Find the truck you like year and color, then search CarGurus.com national search. Enter the year and type of truck and find your new truck. Drive or get a one way ticket and buy your dream truck.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Find the truck you like year and color, then search CarGurus.com national search. Enter the year and type of truck and find your new truck. Drive or get a one way ticket and buy your dream truck.

I know of a few have done this. It has worked out for some and not so well for other. Know a few whop traveled a fair distance and then the auto was not in the shape they expected. There is also the issue with the title transfer and taxes that has to come into play when purchasing a out of state auto. Not saying its not a good idea and may be well worth it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have opened up my search to a fair distance away. Not really finding much for price difference from one state to the next. Prices seem high everywhere. This inflation has to slow down at some point. I believe there is going to be a correction in used auto prices at some point with the higher interest rates. Just not sure how soon that is going to happen. The whole supply and demand also comes into play. Right now seems to be way more demand than supply. That never helps the buyer

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

I know of a few have done this. It has worked out for some and not so well for other. Know a few whop traveled a fair distance and then the auto was not in the shape they expected. There is also the issue with the title transfer and taxes that has to come into play when purchasing a out of state auto. Not saying its not a good idea and may be well worth it.

All but 1 vehicle we have bought have been purchased this way. No title or tax issues in the slightest. The Tahoe came from Ohio just 2 years ago.

CaptainMusky

You just pay sales tax when you register in MN right BC?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’d assume if the sales tax is less where you purchase you will need to pay the difference at registration time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just paid tax at the local dmv when we transfered title.

MX1825

You pay sales tax in the state where live/title the vehicle.

nord

Youbetcha, all the way on the Ridgeline. My turn to drive to Canada last year, with four guys and all of our gear for five days. Plenty of room in the trunk for all of our tackle bags and life jackets. I just wish they would come out with a 5’6″box. My only complaint.

Michael Best

I bought my Toyota Tundra in Scott’s Bluff Ne. Did some searching on the internet and found the truck I wanted.
    The wife and I left on a Friday night after work. Spent the night in chamberlain SD. Drive to Scott’s bluff picked up truck Saturday morning then spent the night in Rapid City. Drive home the next day.
    Went to motor vehicle and paid sales tax and registered the truck.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Perched outside my door, “Nevermore!”
    Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Attachments:
    1. Ridgeline-scaled.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.