Down Imaging pic from a Humminbird 1197

• jhalfen

Fresh from the Humminbird factory: the first Down Imaging pic I’ve seen from an 1197.

This is of a standing tree in Lake Eufaula, AL in 35+ fow. The Down Imaging view on the left shows the tree as well as several balls of bait in the vicinity of the tree.

I especially like this image because it is a split screen with Side Imaging on the right. You can see the tree that is highlighted by Down Imaging about 2/3 of the way up the SI image, in the blue ribbon that represents the water column underneath the boat. If you look further down that dark blue stripe, you’ll also see the bait balls present in the Down Imaging side.

As we get closer to Down Imaging’s release (January 2010), I expect that we’ll see more and more of these test images released by Humminbird. I can’t wait to put it to work, on Pool 4 this winter and beyond in 2010.

jhalfen

Here’s a close-up of the Down Imaging portion of the screen capture.

jhalfen

And here’s a closeup of the Side Imaging portion of the screen capture.

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

This is cool!

For me, it really helps me see what I’m seeing on the side imaging screens. These have been confusing to me to say the least.

Thanks, Mike

whittsend

Awesome images, Jason, thanks for the post!!

What is VERY cool about the DI, is the ability to see what depth structure is located. Whether thats the tree tops, baitfish balls, or predator fish, the DI certainly is advantageous to have in addition to the SI, in that respect. I know the regular 2d sonar has that capability, but the DI has so much more information (vs the 2d) when run side by side with the SI. As mentioned, it will also make the transition to SI much easier for beginners.

Awesome!! I might actually have to get off of my rear and get the boat out of storage this winter for some P4 / DI / SI runs!!

Thanks!

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.