New Humminbird Waypoint Management Tools for ’10

• jhalfen

In 2010, Humminbird will arm you with software that makes managing all of your saved waypoints even easier. With exclusive Humminbird® Waypoint Management you can organize your saved locations any number of ways, so you never lose an important waypoint again.

Waypoint Management gives you the ability to sort waypoints alphabetically, by nearest location, or by most recently saved. Beyond that, there are naming conventions that allow for further organization by species, location, date or structure. You can also choose from numerous new icons to identify waypoints at a glance. Now available are species specific icons—such as bass, walleye, and trout—and structure oriented icons for rock piles and weedbeds.

With Waypoint Management you’ll be in complete control of all your saved data, and back to that hot spot time and again.

Key features of the new Humminbird Waypoint Management tools include:

• Organize waypoints, tracks, and routes(data) efficiently.

• Easily create folders(groups) of data for better orginization.

• Large selection of fishing specific icons.

• Group data in multiple locations.

• Sort data alphabetically, by nearest location, or by most recent saved.

• Preview Window shows location of data.

• Create duplicate waypoints for maximum flexibility of grouping and organizing.

• Easily select and move to a specific waypoint

These new waypoint management tools are compatible with 700, 800, 900, and 1100 series models. A free software download from the Humminbird website will add them to your current Humminbird unit. These tools are scheduled to be available on January 1, 2010.

(As well as some others that you’ll learn about soon )

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Is Hummingbird trying to completely run Lowrance out of business here in teh upper midwest? It’s so awesome to see a company stepping up and listening to what it’s customers want. Wonder how much market share it will take for Lowrance to finally come back to reality. Thanks Johnson Outdoors/Hummingbird!!!

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Any word on if the new software is going to be available for us MAC users?

jhalfen

I don’t believe that this is a new version of Humminbird PC, but rather an on-board waypoint management tool.

I’ll check with HB to make sure about that.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

I have been bothering them every month about getting some Apple friendly software. Need some other people to provide some feedback to help my cause.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Buy a pc.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

might have to dig my old desktop out of the attic, sure beats keying in waypoint names with the up / down / left / right cursor on my 997.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nic
    I did a little poking around to see if even the more popular viewing software like Yellowfin, Humview, HSBI, and SI View were Apple compatible….looks like you may want to dig that PC out of the attic soon. Just don’t twist that knee the wrong way carying it down

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.