Good Price on SI?

• JasonP
    Twin Cities

I’m guessing a few anglers have had one eye on the 997c SI unit like I have. I was checking prices today and saw that you can pick up the package without the NAV pre-load at Amazon.com for $1650. That’s the lowest I’ve seen so far and they also ship for free I believe. Just thought I would share.

J

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

You should check out IDO’s site sponsor Jolly Ann Marine. I believe Wade had one on sale real close to the Amazon price.

jhalfen

We see this happen from time to time, especially at this time of year as the new year’s models are starting to be loaded onto trucks.

I recall something similar a couple years ago, when an internet dealer blew out 10″-screen locators for ridiculous prices.

No matter the name that’s on the front of your locator, you need to be able to trust and work with the vendor from whom you purchase the unit. Ever since I met him in 2004-5, Wade Kuehl at Jolly Ann Marine has received exactly 100% of my electronics, radio, and trolling motor business. Wade earned my business with fair prices and awesome customer service. Not to mention the “no sales tax outside of Iowa” policy that has saved me a pile of the years….or allowed me to invest in more crankbaits.

Let me congratulate you in advance for joining the Humminbird family. I know that you’ll be more than satisfied with your investment.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

a word of warning about buying on Amazon. I purchased a Dewalt air compressor/nailer kit from them this spring and now having problems with the compressor leaking air. I called up Dewalt and said they won’t honor the warranty because Amazon is not an authorized dealer! I looked on amazon’s website and it says right there that the thing is backed by a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. Called Dewalt back and they said nope, no way and proceeded to tell me to take my receipt to their service center and hope they honor it. Haven’t had the chance to take it over there, but its got me a little concerned.

bhs91

Jason, I am about 90% sure that next spring i will upgrade to the 1197C SI and about 90% sure that I will use Jolly Ann Marine. 3 questions…1.how does it work with Sideimaging, sonar and a GPS screen all going at once? Doesn’t seem like a lot of screen space for any of the above. 2. how happy are you with the navionics chips? 3. I have an insterstate starting battery that has an on board charger that I plug in each night. Will that be adequate to handle the additional draw of the bigger unit, (my old unit is a lowrance LMS 334c iGPS)?

Thanks,

BHS

jhalfen

bhs91,

You can only do a two-way split screen. There are a lot of ways to do this: 2d sonar and SI; SI and chart; 2d and chart; 2d and 2d zoom….you get the idea. The space available for any one view in the split screen mode is good….much much better than your current 334.

Regarding chips: I’ve been happy up until now with Navionics (because that’s all we had available), but I anticipate switching completely over to Lakemaster once the HB-compatible chips are released this fall. Software updates to make current HB’s compatible with the lakemaster chips should appear at the same time.

The power draw on the 1197 has never been an issue with my starting battery….and that’s even after fishing at night with the lights, livewell, radio, and 2 locators going for hours without turning over the motor. If a guy was really concerned about it, I suppose he could run all the electronics off a separate battery so that cranking the motor was never an issue.

Making the jump to an 1197, or any member of the Humminbird Side Imaging family, will change the way you fish…for the better. I know you’ll be happy with your investment.

bhs91

Excellent info Jason; thanks!

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

On Ebay I’ve seen the 997 SI Combo go for as low as $1300 and the 1197SI Combo for $2100. Make sure that they are new in the box and not repaired units. Maybe this winter I’ll be able to get one. Not sure if I have the room for the 1197 on my dash with the windsheild and all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.