gun control bill

• CaptainMusky

So the question is, Do they have the courage to vote their own belief’s and those of the people they represent, or do they simply vote the party line????

If they have a moral compass they should and are ethical. This party line BS is for the birds and I dont care which side of the isle they are on they are both complicit in it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This party line BS is for the birds and I dont care which side of the isle they are on they are both complicit in it.

Yes they are. Like I said. the current political system is broken and will not work in todays society

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    This party line BS is for the birds and I dont care which side of the isle they are on they are both complicit in it.

Yes they are. Like I said. the current political system is broken and will not work in todays society

Their plan is to change society so it works with the current political system. Which cant happen so they would rather see it burn down. Its getting very diabolical.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Just one more comment on this topic. Again, personal opinion.

Never forget you have the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

There are cases today working their way up to the Supreme Court that may very well trigger a national ruling making any law that restricts your right to keep and bear arms unconstitutional. We have the votes needed today to make that happen. (IMO)

As Larry Smith says…. Hang on to your hineys!

-J.

Jimmy Jones

This is the problem in a nutshell. But those who are guilty of voting the party line need to hear directly from those with concerns about pending legislation.

More specifically, they [politicians] need to hear or see in writing directly addressed to them that if they vote for a BS bill, like the one in question in this thread, along party lines that you will not send another vote their way in the next election and that you’ll do everything in your power as a concerned constituent to let the voting public know that they do NOT do their job as they were hired to do and that they need to go. None of that will happen on a website such as this.

jon_wbl

Especially important for 2 newly elected senators in out-state MN to hear from gun owners. Senate district 3 which is most of the arrowhead region and district 4 which is the Moorhead area. If you live there, or know anyone that does, have them email their state senator

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There’s been another school shooting in Nashville, TN today. Have to imagine the gun control crowd will be on the warpath about this again.

CaptainMusky

There’s been another school shooting in Nashville, TN today. Have to imagine the gun control crowd will be on the warpath about this again.

Yeah its getting really tiring. It was a teenage girl apparently at a Christian School. Definitely not your “typical” school shooter. Get these kids HELP! There are definitely warning signs.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Address the problem. Not the tool

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Post deleted.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This from the CNN report of the shooting:
    ” President Joe Biden said in a news conference the shooting was “sick” and “heartbreaking” and urged Congress to take further action on gun safety legislation.

“ We have to do more to stop gun violence. It’s ripping our communities apart, ripping the soul of this nation, ripping at the very soul of the nation,” he said. “And we have to do more to protect our schools, so they aren’t turned into prisons.”

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre also called on lawmakers to pass laws addressing gun safety.

“How many more children have to be murdered before Republicans in Congress will step up and act to pass the assault weapons ban, to close loopholes in our background check system, or to require the safe storage of guns? We need to do something,” she said.”

The president and White house don’t even know the detail behind the shooting and their 1st response is that its the republicans in congress fault. Its just really sick and sad !!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I read that authorities dispatched the active shooter within 6 minutes. Props to the agents/officers for taking such swift action. Coulda been a whole lot worse.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It was a teenage girl apparently at a Christian School. Definitely not your “typical” school shooter. Get these kids HELP! There are definitely warning signs.

Not a teenager. She was 28 years old.

CaptainMusky

Not a teenager. She was 28 years old.

Yeah I see that now when I saw the first report they said she was a teenager.

Tlazer

Feel sorry for the victims and family of the shooting today in Nashvilleand prayers go out to them. Typical response to ban assault weapons from Biden. Expected nothing less from this administration. There are many more issues and problems today, and banning assault weapons won’t change anything. Example: the shooter at the gay bar in Colorado recently, had threatened prior to shoot his mother and burn her house down. Definitely not a stable individual. Problem was the DA never/refused to press charges against him for the incident with his mother, even though Colorado has a Red Flag law in place, therefore nothing in his record to prevent him from purchasing more weapons.

Gitchi Gummi

how exactly do we address the problem? serious question.

obviously “thoughts and prayers” aren’t keeping our kids safe

CaptainMusky

The problem is mental illness and not prosecuting and taking action when there are threats or obvious red flags. Read the post right above yours for a perfect example. Nearly every single one of these could have been prevented because there was a clear threat these people would do something like this.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

In none of these school shooting did a so called assault rifle make any difference in the outcome. The same amount of life loss would have occurred with any # of different type of guns.
    If a Gun ban is the answer to limit or stop school shooting then a ban on Autos is the answer to limit or stop auto accident related deaths. A smoking ban is the answer to Limit or stop lung cancer and other health related deaths.

To answer you question to how do we address the problem, I don’t think there is much we can do. There is not a lot we can do to stop sick or mental ill people with a desire to do harm to others. That’s what these school shooters are, Either sick or mentally ill.
    So I don’t have a answer to your question, but I can tell you a ban on assault rifles is not it !!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Do you have first hand knowledge that “THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS” are not keeping kids safe ? How do you know this ? (the liberal go to line, thoughts and prayers don’t work, but how many millions of kids were safe today?)

Again, I don’t know the specifics, but almost 100% of the time, the person who becomes unhinged, has shown signs and authorities may have even been alerted and did….. NOTHING. That is where the resources and effort should be spent… not worrying about my rifles in my safe.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Metal detectors and guards at every door thats used. But no one wants to face that reality.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Metal detectors and guards at every door thats used. But no one wants to face that reality.

I’ll take it a step further, I think any teacher that is willing to be trained and is willing to be armed should be allowed to do so. As sick and evil these people are, they don’t want to have their big moment ended by being shot right from the moment they started shooting. There is a reason why so many of these people are picking schools.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Everyone who is pro gun says address mental illness. I’m curious have Republicans introduced legislature to put money into dealing with mental illness?

CaptainMusky

Everyone who is pro gun says address mental illness. I’m curious have Republicans introduced legislature to put money into dealing with mental illness?

Has anyone? Stop pointing fingers from one aisle to the other ask yourself why it hasn’t already happened.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think some schools already do this.

The deranged individual in this case was not a student, and entered through a side door of the building. My question is, how did they get through this door? Shouldn’t it be locked?

Whole lotta questions here and the answers won’t be reveled for a while.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Has anyone? Stop pointing fingers from one aisle to the other ask yourself why it hasn’t already happened

I’m not pointing fingers. I don’t need to include democrats because we know their idea is to ban guns, not address mental illness. The liberals have brought forth plenty of legislation about banning guns so they are making efforts to address the issue from their perspective.

So I ask again, have any Republicans brought forth legislation to address the issue from their perspective of what would help? I’m asking in earnest so don’t get so defensive. If they haven’t then it sounds like we need to write our representatives and suggest it

CaptainMusky

You could just Google it and find your answer but you were too lazy to do so. It’s presented and has bipartisan support.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Several responses on here talk about “addressing the problem” or “taking action when there are threats or obvious red flags.”

Would you support red flag laws then? I get it, they’re probably a long way from being a finished product, and they need to ensure due process and we can’t have a deranged ex making stuff up to get someone’s guns taken.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

why hasn’t Walz used some of the massive surplus they he said he’d give us back and now isn’t going to. This is getting real damn old.

Not sure if this was directed toward me. Hard to tell cause it has nothing to do with the topic. If this is your response to my question I’ll assume you don’t have an answer and are triggered.

I am curious if anyone knows. I’d be interested in supporting legislation towards mental illness as I agree that’s a better area focus efforts.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

You could just Google it and find your answer but you were too lazy to do so. It’s presented and has bipartisan support.

So sorry to bother you. Maybe have a drink captain. You seem a little frazzled

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘gun control bill’ is closed to new replies.