gun control bill

• glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

putting this here because this forum is more heavily viewed. i was just alerted to this!!!!

there is a really bad gun control bill going thru st paul right now labeled NUCLEAR GUN CONTROL BILL IN MINNESOTA!! its been introduced by Sen John Marty and its really horrible if you are a gun owner.

the Mn gun owners caucus has it on there site with the details. i believe there is a petition to sign if your against it……. someone with more puter smarts should get that up so every outdoorsman and woman can sign it.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Signed also. Thanks for bringing this up here guy’s

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Signed. Thanks for the head up.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Knew something like this was coming since our state is under complete Dem control now. They plan to sneak in their egregious new laws rather than make a big fuss. Wearing plaid and fishing a couple hours on opener doesnt fool me.

Thanks to all that voted THESE PEOPLE in…….. flame

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

i’m just a peon in the grand scheme of things here on IDO but i’d rather not this go political…..this is to important to me to get it zapped…….sign it and let’er buck!!!!

DTW
    Participant

i’m just a peon in the grand scheme of things here on IDO but i’d rather not this go political…..this is to important to me to get it zapped…….sign it and let’er buck!!!!

HA! Thats funny. it’s 100% political

DTW

Jimmy Jones
    Participant

Signed.

Instead of making noise here, those who feel like sounding off should be writing to those legislators who support this stuff and let them know that you’ll be supporting every effort that comes along in removing them from the legislature come next voting time. Dumping your ideologies here does nothing.

Jason
    Participant

Signed, Thanks Glenn

tswoboda
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

HA! Thats funny. it’s 100% political

DTW

Yes asking for signatures to stop a proposed bill is basically the definition of political. Taking a guess here but I think Glenn just means he’s not looking to start a discussion on this post. Just wants to make everyone aware and then move on.

Honestly should just have a link to the bill and a link to the petition, then lock and sticky the thread.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Dumb question but can people from the great state of Wisconsin sign this? Also what are they trying to ban?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Also what are they trying to ban?

I posted the legislative proposed bill above. Its quite long, with a lot of revision, addition, and other information in it.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KP wrote:</div>
    Also what are they trying to ban?

I posted the legislative proposed bill above. Its quite long, with a lot of revision, addition, and other information in it.

The lazy in me was looking for the spark note version haha

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Haha ya its a long (and confusing) read. I went through it earlier and just gave up halfway through.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

This is the first paragraph of the bill will give you an idea: “modifying concealed carry of firearms; banning possession
    of large capacity ammunition magazines, ghost guns, and other weapons;
    prohibiting open carry of firearms”

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

A couple more laws they don’t enforce on criminals, and the bad guys should start complying. The logic. doah

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

This is the first paragraph of the bill will give you an idea: “modifying concealed carry of firearms; banning possession
    of large capacity ammunition magazines, ghost guns, and other weapons;
    prohibiting open carry of firearms”

If you continue on, there are exceptions to all of those and a fair amount of language has been removed. So simply stating that all of that in broad form is in the bill is not accurate, at least right now. Obviously can and likely will get revised again, if it makes it that far.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

tswobda is 100% correct.i know its from st paul and political…… but the heart of the matter here is do you want this to be law

to Jimmy Jones point my state reps arent in favor from the info i can gather!!!!!

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Magazine restrictions, Red Flag Laws, and Universal Background checks aka gun registration would be the cliff notes version.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

If you continue on, there are exceptions to all of those and a fair amount of language has been removed. So simply stating that all of that in broad form is in the bill is not accurate, at least right now. Obviously can and likely will get revised again, if it makes it that far.

Yeah, but I am not reading all that. Just like politicians dont read the 1000 page bills they vote on. Its a farce.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

ust like politicians dont read the 1000 page bills they vote on.

Lol that’s probably pretty accurate

canoebasser
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Should I buy a gun now? I’m 40 yo and don’t own any gun but maybe now is the time?

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Should I buy a gun now? I’m 40 yo and don’t own any gun but maybe now is the time?

Only buy one, if you will be responsible with it. Take some gun safety training and learn how to handle it first. You only need one, when you need one.

Don Carlisle
    Participant
    Aitkin mn

Thanks Glen for posting this I hope it doesn’t get pulled. I had posted the same about 2 weeks ago and wasn’t up for less than 30 minutes and got dusted. Good info here.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Only buy one, if you will be responsible with it. Take some gun safety training and learn how to handle it first. You only need one, when you need one.

Speaking of gun safety, remember when they actually did it through schools?

mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

Signed

Beast
    Participant

I wish I could sign, but being from Wisconsin I don’t think it would have any bearing on MN law.

mmitties
    Participant
    SE MN

Copied from @MinnesotaMiners twitter.

“There are 87 sheriffs in the state of Minnesota. Out of that 87 there are 76 that directly oppose the gun legislation currently sitting in this year’s legislative session”.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘gun control bill’ is closed to new replies.