Need Ice…Or I may live in the Woods until…

• mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

So I have devoted the last 3 weeks of my life to trying to harvest this buck I have been chasing for 3 years. I have seen him from the stand 6 times in the last three years and have never been able to get a clean shot either archery or firearms. I am pretty sure he was a mythical creature this year until I finally got a glimpse of him this past Saturday for the first time. I have passed on more deer than I can count and basically drive or walk around until I see his tracks and then try to stalk him or figure out where he will be that day or the next. I have now decided to take up muzzleloading this year to get one more chance at him with a firearms otherwise I will be bowhunting until the last day of the season. We need some ice ASAP to give me a break from spending everyday in the woods either hunting or scouting for this big boy.

Attached picture of his track, he has about a 24″ inside spread, he is a typical 10 pt with a few kickers and about 6″ to 7″ base with a mass that stays about 4″ all the way through the G4’s, the G2’s are only 9″, my guess is he is about a 160 class and field dresses about 250 lbs.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Slob buck right there! Can’t wait to see him and your story on idohunting! RR

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Well, when you get him down, come share all the pics and story over on the hunting side. Good luck, I know what it’s like to be driven crazy by a whitetail!

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Your post is from 10am!!! Get out there!!!!!

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Your post is from 10am!!! Get out there!!!!!

Unfortunately, this week I have to work, I had the last 3 weeks off, I literally hunted this buck every day for 3 weeks. I wish the DNR would give me special permission to night hunt and I think I could get him then.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Figured that, just jerkin ya!

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

wish i was out there now

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i think i seen a deer like that in a cage at glens army surplus!!!!!!

go gettem!!!!!!!!

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Saw again last night with some does and couldn’t get a shot yet again. This time he was at 80 yards through some brush in a clear cut I had walked into in the afternoon as I was following his tracks with the fresh snow we got. I think I need two or three more solid days of hunting and I can get ’em, now if I can just convince work of that we will be in good shape.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

good luck…………..both on gettin that buck and convincing the boss!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.