Which new chip for MN on an HDS8

• DJSS50

My question is which new chip is the best for MN in an HDS8? I have a Lakemaster ’09 chip right now and love the fact that depths under 15′ are shaded. Which chips allow for depth shading?

boos1906

Lakemaster is no longer compatable with lowrance or atleast that’s what I was told. When I get my hds this spring I think I will be using lowrance mapping

gasman1900

For what I have seen the new Lowrance chips look to be quite accurate. I never did get why Johnson outdoors stopped making chips for the Lowrance units. I would think the profits on loading data on a $3.00 Se card would out weigh the lost sales of a few huminbird units.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I can’t speak for minnesota lakes, but I have both the new Lowrance chips and they are far better than the lakemaster chips on the lakes I fish. Granted, the lakemaster chips I was running were 5 years old, so not sure how they would compare to the latest release. I am very happy with the lowrance chips though.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Hop over to the Navionics website, they let preview what the lake will look like on the front page. It doesn’t give you all the detail that the chip does. Cool thing about Navionics is you can get free updates for the first year. The Lowrance chip is good also, they have some of the lakes that Navionics doesnt cover

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.