Getting ready for fall fishing

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ve been making up some stuff in anticipation of fall fishing. I’m pretty well set on paddletails and ring worms, but the mold for this bait has been saved for last. I finally set it out and started injecting some color combinations.

The bait is around 3″ and that ribbon tail is just thick enough to tolerate being chewed on yet is nothing but action. I fished some sample prototype baits on jigs and I know the sauger enjoy gnawing on the bait. A friend says Walleyes like them….smallies too.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0618.jpg

nord

Tom, any luck with my order? Or, is it still too humid.

nord

By the way Tom, as always, your plastics look FANTASTIC!!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tom, any luck with my order? Or, is it still too humid.

The humidity has been a real sucker this summer. I used all fresh plastic to make these that you see in the picture and fought foaming the whole way. Even re-melts from plastic made when the air was drier will foam and fill with micro-bubbles. You can’t see this in the picture but the issue is still there and when making those vein colors like you want the bubbles allow de-laminating along the length of the bait.

Right now I am not making any baits other than for personal use due to the issues this humidity has created.

If I could air condition the garage, I’d be in hog heaven. My inside, winter, shooting area is dismantled for summer so I am stuck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.