Favorite Presentation for Walleyes?

• Anonymous

What is your favorite presentation for catching walleyes in these lakes and why?

casting jigs
    vertical jigging
    casting cranks
    long line trolling cranks
    trolling cranks on boards
    slip bobber
    drifting
    backtrolling
    lindy rigging
    3-ways and live bait
    bottom bouncers and live bait and floater
    spinners and live bait
    other

Anonymous

Depends.

Cold water, jigs or rigs. Summer, rigs during the day and cranks at night. Low light w/ some wind, cranks are always worth a shot.

There is SO much food in these lakes that a variety of areas can produce fish at the same time.

Also-each lake has its own pattern too. Fish can be on VERY different patterns from lakes that are only a mile or 2 apart.

Anonymous

Great question Bill! If I had my way I would like to stack up schools on an 18ft breakline and have them active on a vertical jig bite. God and walleyes don’t give me my way all the time however, so , my favorite seems to be what ever works. Right now most of our area lakes are turning fish on live bait rigging win 22-28 ft with leeches & crawlers when we have clouds/wind. Spinner rigs and covering water on the outside edge of weedlines when it is hot, bright and flat. Cranks deep in the day and weed or rock tops at night. Man a guy just has to learn to be versital to be a consistant summertime “eye” catcher. Oh, buy the way, in the last 3 tournaments in our area we took some of our fish on bobbers also! Won one of them, 4th in one, and 10th in the other (that one I was fishing with my good stick life mate Mary).

Anonymous

Thanks for the report. But you forgot to mention if Mary outfished you or not! lol Thanks, Bill

Anonymous

I would have to go with Lindy rigging first, trolling cranks then slip bobbering at night over a 1-2 foot waves. The tap tap on the lindy rig always gets the heart a thumpin for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.