June 15th Otter Tail Update

• Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Hard to believe we’re already a month into the 2011 walleye season, but don’t tell the fish, they still think it’s time to have the feed bags open! In short, the walleye’s are still pounding jigs-n-minnows in skinny water, ie. under 10ft. Also starting to see fish caught on crawlers and rigs in the same water. Water temps continue to hang around the 62-63 degree mark.

I promised my son Drew a couple hours in the boat this week so we headed out yesterday afternoon for a quick trip before the rain. Didn’t take long at all to put a few fish in the boat before it was time to get back to work. But, the fish didn’t mind a little rain either – first time OT fisherman Mike Halderson (IDO’s magnum 165) and his dad put together a nice catch for the grease bath using both jigs and rigs.

Also hearing reports that the crank bite has begun along the weedlines on the windy shorelines. And with all the wind lately, guess that’s just another feather in our hat to put more fish in the boat!

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

I just want to take a minute and thank Trev for the top notch hospitality we recieved while at his resort last week. The service and accomodations were second to none and the fishing was excellent! Thanks again for a great week Trev!

I am definitely planning on comming back next year!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Very cool! I can taste them from here!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Hey Mike – glad you had a good time, always helps when the fish cooperate a little bit as well.

Here’s to a few more fish in your boat this summer…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.