Fishing Reports…

• beno
    St. Paul

How has the walleye bite been on LOTW? I’ll be up the second week of January and I am curious.

Derek- I plan on fishing for a day out of Zippel Bay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year

CROIXBOY2
    Taylors Falls, MN

We just got back from LOW 28th – 30th 2 days fishing 27 walleyes thru the ice out from Adrians in 21 to 24 ft of water our better catches came at 9 to 11am and 1 to 3pm but real spotty everything in between. I was hearing fishing was better in 12 to 17 just outside or in four mile bay. With The wheather patterns we have been having , maybe have the fish thinking more like spring time in more shallow yet and not real deep. While we were there , 30′ only produced 4 fish for 4 other fisherman all day and I heard from others real spotty fishing 30′. but it might be a different story out of Zipple Bay.. Jeff

Pikester

Same kind of report here. Fished out of Adrians Dec. 25 thru Dec. 28. Lots of fish in 15-18 feet of water. Went out to deeper water mid-day and the catching was slim. It should turn on real soon.

beno
    St. Paul

Thanks for the reports guys. I’ll let you know how we do upon our return.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

27in LOTW test pic

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice fish!!

beno
    St. Paul

Nice Fish! I wondered what you Muskie guys did during the hard water season. Now I know, catch the big walleyes.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Daughter got this one up there same trip 29in

muskygator
    Foley MN

It seems that big fish run in the family. That sure is a dandy. way to get a bigger one than the old man.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

She sure was excited. So was I. She wants to go back. Go figure. Was a great trip

tbashore

We were up in sleeper shacks out of Sportsmans Lodge from 12/30-1/1. They had us in 28′ of water. On 12/30 we caught about 25 walleyes between the 5 of us. The next morning before we left, we had another 7 or 8. Not super fast bits but was ok. We saw a lot of fish cruising the bottom on the flashers but wouldn’t bite.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nice fish guys!

wallclimber
    Stoddard WI

Sorry i havent posted any thing as of late but, to completely honest. fishing has been realy tuff, not that im a pro by any means but between work and fishing . i try to keep up . Well we fished today out of zippel 26 feeet morning bite two waltwers 16 and 14lots of near misses two more almost up to top.red was our color of choice/glow,we have not got on the bite this year. some good reports of fish out of springsteal but that two has been spotty. todays fishing was the best i have seen so far so mabe this will be the start we have been all been waiting for. the resorts are wearing skids out they are moving houses every day. they sure do work had . well i will try to get back later for another report. oya tryied the angle wow it so pretty up by those islands Annie got only two fish. this seem to be the winter for two fish. i think the cold is what we need and it is hear know .16 below this mornig bring it on big guy we need it all for know

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.