LOW Ice Fishing Report Video 3-12-12

• wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Report Video 3-12-12

Welcome to another addition of the Wigwam Fishing Report on beautiful Lake of the Woods. In the one day since I shot this the rain has come and it’s about 50 degrees, which is causing a little water to stand on the ice, so from here on out I’d forget the sled and bring the wheelers! We still have great ice underneath those few inches of water, but it will be a day to day depending on the conditions from here on out. If you plan on taking a trip to Lake of the Woods for ice fishing in the coming days and weeks, please contact your respective resorts and check conditions. As of today (3/12/12) it’s business as usual…we’ve got 40 guests fishing with us today, but that can all change very quickly as many of us know. Be safe, have fun and always remember, live every day full of life and happiness.

In the video you’ll get to see a bright sunny cool northern Minnesota day turn to windy white out conditions in the blink of an eye, but the fishing was still great in the Wigwam ice house, which kept me pleasantly warm and busy catching fish. The day was cut short when I had about a 10 minute window to leave before the gusts began again and I had to spend the night in the house, which may have been fun. The second day (3/9/12) was a day full of laughter and excitement for 65 fifth and sixth graders from our local Baudette school. Fishing For Knowledge blesses us once again this year with an ice fishing education worth much more than they receive. With the creator and director, Mr. Dennis Salmala from Moose Lake, MN bringing in the likes of Brian “Bro” Brosdahl, Heather Brosdahl (The King and Queen of Ice Fishing), Brian “Shrek” Hartmann, and multiple local volunteers, it is always an inspirational and educational time for the kids. Even Vancover and I lent a helping hand and also many of the local resorts chipped in with lodging, transportation and personal participation. Thanks again to all that helped, and remember it has to be passed down for it to ever have a future!

Happy Fishing and God Bless!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.