Bert Favors Shadoww????

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’m thinking we’ll all be friends again in a month.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

I’m thinking we’ll all be friends again in a month.

We may have to go back to guys fishing for the wrong kind of fish banter then

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

in my opinion (this is coming from a guy who watched every game Favre played during his tenure in Green Bay) the only record that Rodgers will beat of Favre’s is Super Bowl wins. think about it. favre was a freak of nature and the number of games he played might never be broken..
    Rodgers may tie him as soon as this year.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Bass fisherman

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

In the past 20 years only 2 NFC teams have not played in the Super Bowl, the Lions and the Vikings. It’s safe to say right now the Lions are closer to breaking that streak than are the Vikings.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Anybody who thinks Rogers has come close to doing for GB Football what Favre has done… pass the crack pipe. That’s just a plain stupid statement. and your man love for Rogers surpasses anything else seen in history

big G

I would big G but, there are just some days I don’t think you need another hit of the stuff

big_g
    Isle, MN

Bret, I also do not believe you think Rogers has accomplished as much as Favre already….. toke.. toke

He may some day, as Holt said, but he hasn’t yet….

big G

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Speaking of stupid statements Please stop you are embarrassing the rest of us from WI

Exactly why I said some Pat.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Bret, I also do not believe you think Rogers has accomplished as much as Favre already….. toke.. toke

big G

That being said, I would be surprised if Rogers is not, at the very least, considered to have had as good of a career as Favre when all is said and done.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

big G

Very true G….I just couldn’t stop myself this time

If Rogers stays healthy he will in time become another Packer Great!
    You know I love ya man

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

You know I love ya man

What about me? Don’t make me beg.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

You know I love ya man

You know I love ya too man XXX OOO

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

Quote:

You know I love ya man

Insert on your knees comment here

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just don’t get all “Mendenhall” on me….

big G

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Here is what you have to look forward to MR. Rodgers

Kind of sad that packer fans are so willing to throw Farve under the bus now that they are done with him.

The Packers were the joke of the NFL before Frave arrived.

It just goes to show that when and if Rodgers wins a Super Bowl, he will also be thrown under the bus at that time.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You seem to be confused

the Packer fans did not throw Favre under the bus. He ran into that all by himself.

Quote:

So then you at least have something to compare this statement to now well I mean still

Quote:

It just goes to show that when and if Rodgers wins a Super Bowl, he will also be thrown under the bus at that time.

I see big G past the crack pipe onto you now!!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

You seem to be confused

the Packer fans did not throw Favre under the bus. He ran into that all by himself.

Fair enough, but that didn’t mean you guys had to back over him time and time again.

Careful Jess, you are starting to make statements like some Packer fans that just don’t contribute to the quality and civility of some of these threads.

:greentea:

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Jess? WTF, there is even a dang “D” key between those 2 letters.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Fair enough, but that didn’t mean you guys had to back over him time and time again.

Um…..I think he is the one that kept running back……Am I missing something here?

I never said he wasn’t good in the day….I am however glad to see him gone from the Green and Gold.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

In my 50 years, I have not seen such a case of Separation Anxiety! Three seasons have come and gone. Brett has been with two different teams and has now “Retired” but Rodgers still cannot catch a break from the green and gold faithful. Favre is gone. Move on! Prop up your new guy! He deserves the limelight in his own right! Every QB in football is going to chase Favre’s records in some way or another.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Quote:

Here is what you have to look forward to MR. Rodgers

Kind of sad that packer fans are so willing to throw Farve under the bus now that they are done with him.

Not all Packer fans tossed Farve head first under the bus. Just like not all Packer fans will put a bead on Rogers when his “time” comes. I hated to see big Gilbert “the grave digger” part ways with the Pack amongst a host of others that will be “Packers” in my eyes for ever! Fact is ~ the NFL, as with all professional sporting venue, is a BUSINESS.

I also know that no matter what happens in Texas in a couple weeks ~ the Future is a whole lot brighter in GB than it is anywhere else in the Norris and perhaps the entire NFC. Assuming of course a work stoppage doesn’t occur. Yes ~ key injuries can change the dynamic & direction of a team in a single afternoon. That’s the Football side of it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Um…..I think he is the one that kept running back……Am I missing something here?

Apparently you are missing that it was a joke.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Think just how lucky your team is to get back to back franchise QBs. That, I’m jealous of.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Think just how lucky your team is to get back to back franchise QBs. That, I’m jealous of.

Yeah, lets see a list of Viking QB during the same time period of the Favre/Rodgers reign. That might be enough to make me puke. That’s why it would have been nice last year if…

Just think. Packer fans could take partial credit too for grooming Favre.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I know the Bears have had close to 30 qb’s play there since 1992.

tigermusky
    St. Louis Park

One aspect I’m curious to see as Rodgers begins to chase down Favre records (if his coconut can keep from being cracked open) is what will Rodgers be like without the all-star receiver core of Jennings and Driver. Favre went from his best season on paper with the Vikings and Rice, Shincoe, Harvin to this year, one of his worst seasons with no Rice, very limited Harvin, Shincoe and a worthless Berrian (thanks for that gift Chicago) to step up. No pot stirring here, just another angle.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

So are you saying it’s the WR’s that make the QB
    or the QB that makes the WR’s

My opinion is when the qb is good he can throw to anyone.

I don’t think it is the fans that keep bringing this up it’s more the media stirring the pot to keep it going and that is what upsets me.

I’m with Bret on this line

” I never said he wasn’t good in the day….I am however glad to see him gone from the Green and Gold.”

I respect Favre for some the things he did in GB but I also hated him for some of things he did in GB.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I’m with Bret on this line

” I never said he wasn’t good in the day….I am however glad to see him gone from the Purple and Gold.”

I respect Favre for some the things he did in MN but I also hated him for some of things he did in MN.

Very little tweaking and this works for me also….

big G

tigermusky
    St. Louis Park

Quote:

So are you saying it’s the WR’s that make the QB
    or the QB that makes the WR’s

My opinion is when the qb is good he can throw to anyone.

So how do you explain 33 TD’s and 7 Picks in 16 games with his highest comp % ever???? He felt like playing his best year when he was 40yr old…. Doubt it. Receiving core makes a huge difference. All I’m saying is that Green Bays receivers have made some bad Rodgers passes look like perfect throws or else draw a flag

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Right now, Brad Johnson, Trent Difler and Doug Williams all have more Super Bowl rings than Aaron Rodgers.

Coming off a 50 something passing rating in the NFC Championship game, I wouldnt “crown” him yet.

After all, for nearly 40 years, all I have heard is from GB fans is that championships are all that matters….right? So using that logic, Rodgers is no different than T-jack.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.