Bert Favors Shadoww????

• damman
    Pepin county Wi

So on the NFL channel Tory Holt say’s Aron Rodgers will forever be in Bert Favors Shadow untill he can win MULTIPLE Superbowls, R U NUTZ, I think Grenn Bay has pretty much forgot about Bert, Whoever he is.

big_g
    Isle, MN

as proven by these comments above….

big G

igotone

Quote:

So on the NFL channel Tory Holt say’s Aron Rodgers will forever be in Bert Favors Shadow untill he can win MULTIPLE Superbowls, R U NUTZ, I think Grenn Bay has pretty much forgot about Bert, Whoever he is.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Isaac Bruce says he is not sure what that guy Tory Holt is talking about.

hnd

Quote:

as proven by these comments above….

big G

yeah i always notice the people that have supposedly “forgotten” favre are always the first people to bring him up.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

yeah i always notice the people that have supposedly “forgotten” favre are always the first people to bring him up.

They have a name for that is psychology. Even when people change his name they are only exposing their hurt and resentment they feel deep down inside.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I have lost all respect for Brent. Aaron Rodgers has been nothing but humble throughout his whole transition. The sun must be directly over head because I sure can’t see a shadow!

big_g
    Isle, MN

it’s hard to see the forest… for the trees.

big G

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I guess you MN folks have to try to belittle our QB because you don’t even have one that is worth a . That’s OK we can take it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Naw.. I just think its funny that for people who are not OBSESSED with our retired QB.. they sure have ALOT to say about him…

big G

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

I just hope time will heal all wounds and Brett welcomed back to GB. He certainly has proved he’s not perfect-that’s for sure.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Not a bad shadow to be cast under

A couple titles? Geez Holt, nice greedy analysis, thinking one might do it!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Naw.. I just think its funny that for people who are not OBSESSED with our retired QB.. they sure have ALOT to say about him…

big G

I think you missed the point of the post. It is about how RODGERS has proven himself. At least that how I read it

big_g
    Isle, MN

Did you read it ??? Either spelling was skipped in WI or another “point” is being made…. Bert who ??? Re-read and try to grasp the point

big G

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

I have lost all respect for Brent. Aaron Rodgers has been nothing but humble throughout his whole transition. The sun must be directly over head because I sure can’t see a shadow!

Will always like Favre but the rest of your statement is dead on 85Lund

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

As a lifelong packer fan, all I can say is Brett Favre was one of the greatest QBs in the modern history of football and was a ton of fun to watch. He got GB back to the superbowl after we endured countless years of watching horrible football. The packers had a replacement ready to go in Rodgers, and got sick and tired of the annual “I think I’m going to retire” B.S. from Favre.

Did they force him out? I don’t think so. Did they slam the door and change the locks when he stepped outside to see if retirement looked cool? Sure did. I thought they did the right thing, and took a lot of flack at the time for saying so.

I am still a fan of Favre. Didn’t make me a viking fan, but I still liked Brett.

Did he leave a legacy sized shadow for Rodgers to play his way out of? I think so. But, Rodgers seems to be doing just fine at playing his way into his own legacy.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Did you read it ??? Either spelling was skipped in WI or another “point” is being made…. Bert who ??? Re-read and try to grasp the point

big G

Take away what you will Big G You must be right your told me you were. Nuff Said

big_g
    Isle, MN

Anybody who thinks Rogers has come close to doing for GB Football what Favre has done… pass the crack pipe. That’s just a plain stupid statement. and your man love for Rogers surpasses anything else seen in history

big G

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Anybody who thinks Rogers has come close to doing for GB Football what Favre has done… pass the crack pipe. That’s just a plain stupid statement. and your man love for Rogers surpasses anything else seen in history

big G

Rodgers needs another 5 years of good play, a superbowl victory, and a record or two before he even can come close to what Favre did for Green Bay football. But, he’s on the right track and if his melon doesn’t get cracked, he may just make it.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Quote:

big G

GGGGGGGGGGG, I don’t need to grasp nothing , I have allways been a Packer Fan. Bert Farve will allways be a true Packer and will go into the Packer Hall of Fame and the NFL Football hall of Fame. All I’m saying is this LOOSER Tory Holt, ex Queen talks smack about the next true Legend in Green Bay, AARON RODGERS.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

I won’t call you big g, your just g. I think your the one on the crack pipe.. Nuff said

big_g
    Isle, MN

Holt was never a Viking… In the words of a great past Queen… “if you want to crown his azz, then crown him….

big G

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Just figured with a stupid statement like that, He must have been a QUEEN at one time, Maybe in his previouse dream!!!!!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I guess you MN folks have to try to belittle our QB because you don’t even have one that is worth a . That’s OK we can take it.

I think G got your post. No MN folk said anything derogatory about Rodgers, a fellow Packer fan started the post. A fellow Packer mistakenly said Holt was a Viking.

I am beginning to think some of you care more about what we think than anything else.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Quote:

Quote:

I think G got your post. No MN folk said anything derogatory about Rodgers, a fellow Packer fan started the post. A fellow Packer mistakenly said Holt was a Viking.

I am beginning to think some of you care more about what we think than anything else.

Yeah, Hardly Pug You must be G’s little bro

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

Just figured with a stupid statement like that, He must have been a QUEEN at one time, Maybe in his previouse dream!!!!!!!!

Speaking of stupid statements Please stop you are embarrassing the rest of us from WI

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of stupid statements Please stop you are embarrassing the rest of us from WI

Is that possible?

BTW…I like Aaron Rodgers. It’s the Packer fans that drive me nuts! You guys got a great team this year! Enjoy it! A lot can change over the course of a year. Brett is gone, get behind your new “Young Gun” and GO STEELERS!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Good post Tuck!
    Never was a Packer or Favre fan… but his records speak for themselves. As far as humulity…Favre always took the blame for losing and praised his teammates for winning…which I also see from Rodgers (a good thing)!
    Lets face the facts… the Packers won…but held on for dear life against a 3rd string QB while the offense was shut down by Urlacher and company the 2nd half…

Good Luck against the Steelers!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Good post Tuck!

Lets face the facts… the Packers won…but held on for dear life against a 3rd string QB while the offense was shut down by Urlacher and company the 2nd half…

Good Luck against the Steelers!

I totally disagree with this statement. Didn’t he throw two picks to lose the game? It’s all a matter of perspective. A rookie QB comes in and throws two int’s, (one a pick six) and people think he almost led his team to a great come from behind victory.

If Jay Cutler would have come back into the game after Todd Collins was pulled and done the same thing, he would be getting berated for playing like a goat!

It’s all a matter perspective….

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Lets say Aaron Rodgers goes on to lead the Packers to a Super Bowl victory over the Steelers and in the process, he earns MVP honors. That would be something that Bret Favre never did. (shame to because they gave the MVP award to Desmond Howard in the Packers last Super Bowl victory)

As far as longevity, total victories, come from behind victories…. all that stuff comes with time. Aaron needs to play well for another eight, nine or ten years to come close to those kind of accomplishments. But winning a super bowl MVP would certainly go a long, long ways towards climbing out from under Brett’s shadow.

Just my opinion….comparisons between the two, that will never, ever go away.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.