Verizon droid apps

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

who has what and what links do you have to see whats out there. I have seen lots, but see what people have been trying/using

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The best source is access the Market right through your droid.

Here’s some of my faves.

pdanet
    radar now
    dolphin hd browser

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Try searching, there have been a couple threads on this subject. They are a little dusty though, so I am sure people have some new ones to add. I’ll have to check it out tonight and see the new ones I have.

predator2 jr
    rochester,mn

james, my wife has been having problems with pdanet. we were advised to use easy tether. its a 10 dollar fee but she likes it alot better. She also uses the tether program all day for work!

for the football nuts i would recommend the NFL app,. right not you can watch Sunday and Thursday night games for free along with redzone.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

root it and you can do wifi tether for free, wife has been running a custom rom on her hero for about 4 months way better than stock, and it’ll run any program.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

james, my wife has been having problems with pdanet. we were advised to use easy tether. its a 10 dollar fee but she likes it alot better. She also uses the tether program all day for work!

No issues here, ever, on any computer and the speed is awesome. Plus it is free unless you want the “full” version which really only gets you access to https sites. Either way… tethering on the droid is the best thing since sliced bread.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

James, Who is your provider and do you have an unlimited data plan? I am in the market for a provider and need to tether. I am considering using the phone as my modem and eliminating the internet provider at home.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James, Who is your provider and do you have an unlimited data plan? I am in the market for a provider and need to tether. I am considering using the phone as my modem and eliminating the internet provider at home.

Verizon. Unlimited everything.

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Way off topic here but what if Lakemaster came out with an app for the Android and Apple? Could expand their market base. Also, make it availible to download select maps for the app and you have some happy campers and Lakemaster has just jumped into a new world of GPS maps!

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I used the compass app during deer season to mark stands and figure out the shortest way to drag deer. Worked pretty good for a freebie. The Lakemaster app would be awesome.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

Way off topic here but what if Lakemaster came out with an app for the Android and Apple? Could expand their market base. Also, make it availible to download select maps for the app and you have some happy campers and Lakemaster has just jumped into a new world of GPS maps!

It’s already here, it’s called Navionics, and it’s awesome!! Bye Bye obsolete H2O

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The Navionics app is a lot of fun. It’d be nice to see some competition from Lakemaster or someone else to push them though.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Yeah no doubt, all I know is that they are missing out on a lot of business. Most everyone I know with an Android or IPhone is buying this.

It’s very cool with the Satellite and Google Map overlays. Well worth the $13

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

If you need to keep receipts for expense reports, camscanner is a nice app. You take a picture of the receipt and it crops it, enhances it, and saves it as a PDF. Then when you get back to the office, you just print them all and submit them.

Google Goggles is handy when you find a product you want more information of. Just take a picture of the logo or something significant on the label and it will give you links to their website.

barcode scanner is similar to google googles except it works off the bar code.

Advanced Task Killer is a must have.

Navionics app is great as well.

Yelp, Pandora radio, and radar now are all good apps as well.

Handbrake is a good app for you PC for copying movies from a DVD to run on your phone.

Appbrain is also an app for your PC / phone. You can search the market on your PC and mark apps you want to download to your phone. You then just do a sync in the appbrain app on your phone and it downloads all the apps you marked. It also identifies any updates for apps you are already running.

There are tons of other apps that all have their own purpose. Lots of junk ones too. Angry Birds is an addictive game.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Yeah no doubt, all I know is that they are missing out on a lot of business. Most everyone I know with an Android or IPhone is buying this.

It’s very cool with the Satellite and Google Map overlays. Well worth the $13

I saw the app on an iPhone and was waiting for them to port it to the Droid. I got it the day is came out. I think I got it for $9.99. The overlays they added is a nice touch.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Appbrain is also an app for your PC / phone. You can search the market on your PC and mark apps you want to download to your phone. You then just do a sync in the appbrain app on your phone and it downloads all the apps you marked. It also identifies any updates for apps you are already running.

There are tons of other apps that all have their own purpose. Lots of junk ones too. Angry Birds is an addictive game.

I played Angry Birds for a while, but went back to Appeak poker as my time killer.

I think with AppBrain you can create groups. Maybe we should create an IDO group and then we can direct people to it when they ask what apps are good for Android.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

good idea pug.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

There is now an IDO Users Recommended Apps list on Appbrain. It is open to public. Not sure if anyone can add apps or not. I will add what I would recommend. Somebody else try to add something and let me know if you can.

AppBrain IDO User recommendations

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Yeah, I think the list is still linked to my account. I can always add things if people PM me stuff to add to it. It should be viewable for anyone.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.