My prop was stolen!

• gordonk
    mpls

Came home from work yesterday and noticed that my prop was missing! It was there before I left, so someone had to have broken in during the day. Cheeky bastid.

If anyone is offered a Ballistic prop, 14 1/4 x 25, let me know. Second time they got one off of me. If only I could catch one of these guys in the act…

Anyone have a prop they’re looking to sell? It turns out I just might be in the market.

Thanks for any help.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s nuts!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Where is this happening?

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

Prop suckers!

If it happened twice, maybe they bent the one they stole from you before and needed a replacement???????
    Or maybe needed a spare for peace of mind on a trip.

Either way, what a *&$$^#*@ thing to do.

I have a Vengence prop I’d sell cheap. It is a 16 pitch.

gordonk
    mpls

I guess I should add, the prop is for a 250hp Yamaha Vmax. Ya, I know. I’m comensating for something. That’s a big 4sure.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

That sucks….

I have one of these on Prop lock just in case your interested.

Jami

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Stopped me from stealing Jami’s a couple times now.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

must be something with the Yamahas. I had a 25M jacked off my boat last year. Put the McGuard on it for piece of mind and spun the dang thing off out on the lake.

gordonk
    mpls

Sorry. It was stolen in Roseville, Minnesota. I’m not sure about using the prop guard. I had one on my old Johnson and I just used a needle nosed pliers to take it off. It took me about three seconds longer than without. Maybe the new ones are better. I will be checking them out.

hawkeye27

Gordon my buddy caught someone breaking into his garage using a trail camera! Kind of a pain turning it on and off all the time but may be worth the try

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Keep em sharp… Then you can follow the blood trail

huskerdu

I had one stolen last year. Some of the ideas to help prevent theft were: paint it black, back it up to something, prop locks. I bought a new boat this year w/a 250 also, I no longer let it sit outside during the week.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

I second on the trail cams. My buddy is having trouble with a neighbor that just can not keep from coming on his land and looking at his lake lot. I told him to place some trail cams out to grab some pictures. It worked and he caught the guy on camara. Then the guy got smart and noticed the trail cams and started to delete the pictures, but did not relieze you had to reset the cam. So I told my buddy to have a another trail cam set up higher in the tree pointing at the lower trail cam to catch the guy monkeying around with the lower trail cam. It worked, can you say busted. He turned him in for tresspassing. I have used them before and generally the cops have all the evidence in the world to convict with.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.