Vikes Fans

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I guess that is one benefit of the Packers being out of the playoffs. At least we don’t have some 4 and a half foot tall has been musician trying to resurrect his career by writing a lame fight song that makes Purple Rain sound appealing.

Whether the Vikes win or lose this weekend, congrats to them and their fans on a very successful season.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

This still makes me

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Man, maybe you guys should try decaff, maybe that is why we like to give you so much grief, because you Viking fans get so wound up with all your purple pride, which is good

But people in glass house’s shouldn’t throw rocks, all season all we heard from your side of the river is, Rodgers is made of glass, the packers are going 4-12 this season, it will take 2-3 years to learn the 3-4 defense, you don’t have a chance in hell to make the playoffs, and blah blah blah. And all those posts had a packer item in the title.

Well that was all WRONG So does this just mean that you can dish it out, but you can’t take it.

Now on to the Lord Favre thing. Let me just say first off I for one is Very glad he is out of Greenbay, We watched him for 16 years and he lost just as many games as he won for us, now before all of the his winning record crap there are 22 starters on a team (and your viking team is stacked with good players) and that is who has a winning record, yes he did have great years himself but he also some really bad seasons. For example just 2 season ago the packers went 13-3 and making it through the playoffs (sound familiar) NFC championship game second play of overtime Favre throws a pass to double covered Driver while 3 other players are open and he gets picked off. Giants 3 plays (5 yards total) and make the field goal and the pack is done. Giants go on to win super bowl in a upset to New England.

Did Favre take any blame on himself for that loss He!! NO all we hear for the next 6 months is no I’m not coming back, yes I am coming back, no I’m not coming back, I want to be traded to the Vikings, That was the last straw and the knife in this packer fans heart.
    So we send him to the jets,(look where they are without him) Ya I know he was injured but he still had to keep his record going, costing the team by the way.

Now all of a sudden this season he is the best QB of all times, so ya I guess you guys are riding high and I sort of hope you get the SB monkey off your back but then again I hope you don’t. Because we will never hear the end of it. But Lord Favre will be gone, so I have a foot on both sides of the fence.

Ok I’m done, Wait this line was priceless
    “pull up our purple panties” and that was a viking fan

Good Luck

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Decaff??? You might want to take your own advice after writing that long of a post.

Bring on the Saints!! Skol!!!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

We watched him for 16 years and he lost just as many games as he won for us, now before all of the his winning record crap there are 22 starters on a team (and your viking team is stacked with good players) and that is who has a winning record, yes he did have great years himself but he also some really bad seasons.

Won just as many as he lost for you

He was your franchise player for almost ever. Even wearing my purple shaded glasses I have to wave the BS flag. He was, and is a great player who took GB from the bottom of the crap barrel to a couple superbowls. Say what you want about him being washed up, old, etc, but I have a hard time believing that you can say he was no good a GB. Sour Grapes

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

He is the winning-est QB ever. He wins a super bowl at 40 years old, he probably jumps into the top 5 best ever. He’s already top 15.

As for the Packers fans who poo poo on our party. I welcome it. I love the banter and BS, so Packer fans, bitter or not, BRING IT!!! This is the most fun I’ve had watching football since the late 90’s early 2000’s.

Is it just me or does it feel weird being optimistic as a Viking fan in the playoffs??

big_g
    Isle, MN

Kinda new territory here…. Yes, you hit it… bitter

big G

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

“He was, and is a great player who took GB from the bottom of the crap barrel to a couple superbowls.”

In case you lost a couple of years THAT WAS 12/13 YEARS AGO !!!

And I would have to say that it was Reggie White and the Packer defense that did that not Favre, He just took credit for it.
    Put any spin you want on it, look at his playoff record since, But I guess that wasn’t his fault, he only gets credit for the good things he did ?? and it’s everyone else fault for all the bad

All of his records are from lenght of time played, and P. Manning/Brady will take all these records in a shorter amount of time. (except for the int’s)

FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT (except for any team Favre is on)

WHATEVER, your riding a high horse now so good luck with that.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Before Favre the Vikings were a playoff team. Now they are legitimate contenders. The Vikes needed a QB. They got the best one they could get. That’s the way the business works. It has worked out well for the Vikes and Favre. I would have loved for Brett to spend all 20 seasons here; but I’ll take the one or two we get. Go Vikes!

dd

By the way Sir Francis Tarkenton was an egomaniacal jerk too. Might be a occupational hazard.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

I can’t take credit for this, but I thought the Purple fans here would enjoy it.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

lame

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Saints on the ground, Saints on the ground, looking like fools cause the Vikes put them down!!! Turf in your mouth, helmet turned sideways, thinking you could rule that looking like a fool. Walking around town with your heads hung down, WHO D…AT?!?!?! Saints on the ground, Saints on the ground looking like a fool cause the VIKES PUT EM DOWN!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

lame

get back to work targaman….

big G

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

lame

You referring to the Packers season and future?

j/k. I know this is a Vikes forum and I don’t want to get yelled at on a Friday!

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

{“pull up our purple panties” and that was a viking fan}

Absolutely! If you can’t have some fun “supporting” your favorite team and laugh at yourself once & a while, it’s time to stop watching the games! Got an extra pair if you want them for the game Sunday. Will a medium work?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Here’s to a big Vikes win today.!!!!

Vikes 35-34. Saints drive down for game winning FG and it is wide right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.