When is the last time you drove 109 mph?

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

How many here would simply take their lumps and not plea down if possible? Exactly, me either. Don’t expect others to do something you yourselves won’t do.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

You can hit 109 in a Vette on an on ramp and still have 2 shifts left.

To get real technical, you can hit about 146-147, just shy of 5000rpms, in 4th gear, still having another power gear before the cruise gear on a 2000 Vette!

chippee
    sw wi

probably will ruffle some feathers here but I take offense to ap and anyone else who drives 100mph+ you are not the only ones on the road, myself, my wife, and my kids share these roads with you, unless you are on the way to the hospital there is no reason to go that fast, even then call a cop or the ambulance

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I can’t disagree chippee with your logic. By that same accord you have to cover everyone who goes as little as 1 MPH over the speed limit. No offense but I highly doubt anyone here as NEVER gone beyond the posted limit. Or driven when getting tired, on the phone, day dreaming, reading, and all sorts of other things. I do agree with you just the same.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

probably will ruffle some feathers here but I take offense to ap and anyone else who drives 100mph+ you are not the only ones on the road, myself, my wife, and my kids share these roads with you, unless you are on the way to the hospital there is no reason to go that fast, even then call a cop or the ambulance

I GUARANTEE you or your family were not on Hwy 6 in Manitoba when I was doing 110…. NOBODY was !!!

big G

jldii

127 was my top speed years ago on a drag strip.

Hit 91MPH the other day in my semi free falling a mountain in Kentucky. It’s amazing how quiet those trucks get when you go that fast. They feel like you’re floating.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

The dash cam recording captured the cop wishing him luck in tomorrows game.

That cop is going to get raked through the coals over this.

I doubt it…he wrote the ticket…no breaks for AP there…And how is it any different than the cop saying “Have a nice day?”

The way I hear it, he may lose his license in OK and MN for up to 6 mos. Correct me if I’m wrong (Deer Tracker or others…It’s been a while since my cop days) but I believe this ticket comes a YMA invocation as well, correct? Meaning “You Must Appear” in court.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Had to think on this one for a bit, and past history with the vikings tends to make one a bit jaded, but other than being foolish and going fast in a metro area where there probably was the chance of other traffic, I’m not so sure a lot of us haven’t exceeded the speed limit once or twice.

1968 I had the chance to drive a Shelby AC Cobra 427 from Mpls to Rochester at speeds I don’t care to repeat, nothing I’d do today as I’m a lot older and hopefully smarter.

So, as far as sports figures and the trouble they get into, I’d rank this one fairly minor considering the other stuff they have pulled in the past.

Al

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Chris,
    The way the news report that I listened to explained it was the citaion the police officer chose to write was for excessive speed which wouldn’t involve a suspension. It made it sound like the officer would have had to write a different citation in order to get his license suspended.

It possible the report was wrong or I misunderstood it.

That said, I hope your right and they do suspend his license when he appears in court.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

In my younger wreckless years I raced a crotch rocket with my Iroc-Z Camaro….We both hit about 115 and he looked over at me….waved goodbye….and then kicked it up to god knows what…but i’m guessing 150+ b/c he was gone in seconds and out of sight….

In my parent’s ’78 T/A it was easy to be cruising down the highway and look down and see that you were doing 85-90 w/o really even noticing that you were going that fast.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My speedo on my crotch rocket said 160 one time. The telephone poles looked like fence posts going by. Scary stuff. I’m sure I wasn’t close to that speed, but it was fast enough to make me pucker a bit.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.