When is the last time you drove 109 mph?

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I don’t know how he drives away from this one. He should have had his license revoked on the spot!

State Law

-J.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I thought you lost your license for driving that fast and got some kind of wreckless endangerment tickets/ hauled to jail. Funny what being a celeb will do for you

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I don’t know how he drives away from this one. Hi should have had his license revoked on the spot!

State Law

Everyone I know who got dinged for over 100mph went right to jail.

-J.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

How does stuff like that get out? Is it public knowledge at some point?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Police reports are public. Most news station get a copy every few days and dig up the dirt!

-J.

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

Quote:

Police reports are public. Most news station get a copy every few days and dig up the dirt!

A lot of reporters make a habit of hanging around the court house just to pick up these juicy tid bits.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Considering he can’t hang on to a football, I wonder how he hung on to the steering wheel to stay on the road?

Ya, been you or I, we’d still be trying to make bail.

Al

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

that BMW must ride like a dream if you “didn’t know you were going that fast” especially on MN roads…

willhorgan
    USA

Yesterday! There are alot of roads and few officers out here!

AverageSportsman
    SE MN

Quote:

I don’t know how he drives away from this one. He should have had his license revoked on the spot!

State Law

He drove away because the officer cannot revoke his license on the spot, and he does not become revoked until proven guilty in court.

He was not treated any different than you or I. Generally you would not land in jail unless there were other charges, or you really had an attitude with the officer then I suppose you could land in jail.

rocheyehunter
    Bemidji, mn

Quote:

I thought you lost your license for driving that fast and got some kind of wreckless endangerment tickets/ hauled to jail. Funny what being a celeb will do for you

U do and i found out the hard way. Wish i made millions.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

109mph been awhile since I have cracked 100, 85-90 is top end for me, but not in a 55 residential zone either…..just don’t see why this is news….speeding I get it but come on….

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

109 is nothing. I once went from Burnsville to Vermilion in 2 hours 45 minutes and another time from St Paul to Ironwood MI in just over 3 hours. With the right car and no traffic, you barely even notice.

I aint proud, I am just saying.

stuart
    Mn.

1975, 67 Pontiac Firebird 400.
    Tagged by a copter cop on interstate 80 outside Des moines Ia.
    Lost drivers lic.for 6 months,didn’t learn,lost it again after having it back for a week.
    Have only had one ticket since.

big_g
    Isle, MN

That would have been 2 months ago…. in Canada on a road that goes F O R E V E R………………

big G

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

How do you “Not Realize” when your going that fast. What an idiot !!!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Yup they should took his license.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

How do you “Not Realize” when your going that fast. What an idiot !!!

Exactly… I know we sure as heck knew we were doing over 110 mph… I only did it about 5 minutes… actually kinda scary, not knowing if a Deer or something was gonna jump on the road…

big G

wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

I do 109 on a fairly regular basis, however It is with lights and siren going…….on a squad car that I’m driving.

Receiving a citation doesn’t find you guilty. I have no doubt he did this, but he wouldn’t be found guilty until at least his court date unless he pleads to it earlier. Always wonder what these athletes have in their contracts about “dangerous behavior” with all the money invested in them.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Sad what makes the news now a days. At least this isn’t as over done as where Tigers wood was. That said I made it over 110 3 times this summer. Once in my Mustang and twice in two others. In mine that speed is obvious, in the other two not so much, both were GT 500’s. If you drive one you will know what I mean. Last summer I drove from Hayward to Cadott in my Taurus. I lucked out and got behind some lady in a Malibu that was late for something as we drove along at speeds between 90 and 95. Not 109 mind you but made great time just the same.

Oh for the record I have been dinged two times over 100. Well three counting the time on my cycle. I was not taken to jail and didn’t lose my license. Actually I only got one ticket out of the three and on one occasion, on my cycle, I only had a learners permit. I guess my brutal honesty took the cop off guard because he never checked my registration or license. Sometimes it ain’t all about money I guess.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

106 last fall Turkey hunting by my cabin when I was then interrupted by my pssenger. AD has gotta be driving a BMW 750 no doubt. A truly beautiful machine.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I hear ya on that Riverrat….. We were in a Durango Now, a few years back, in a Viper… 130 mph was smooth and a nice ride…

big G

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I got a ticket for 135 in a 55 back in High School. No jail time, lost my license for 9 months… Haven’t had a speeding ticket since though!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

You can hit 109 in a Vette on an on ramp and still have 2 shifts left.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I heard on the news his fine was in the 200.00 range for the citation that was written (excessive speed). I can get a ticket in Wisconsin going 5 mph over the limit and the minimum amount I pay is 160.00.

They made it sound like the citation that was written didn’t require an automatic suspension but it did indicate his speed was 109 mph. The dash cam recording captured the cop wishing him luck in tomorrows game.

That cop is going to get raked through the coals over this.

I can understand kicking her down and going that fast. But to do it driving on Hwy 62 (Crosstown) at 8:30 on a Saturday night is stupider than driving drunk.

rmartin
    United States

They said on the news last night that anything over 100 MPH is an automatic 6 month suspension. It will be interesting to see if the speed plead guilty to is reduced.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I can see a local celebrity getting a break for something minor like peeing in public, etc. but NOT for endangering those around him. He should receive the same treatment as anyone else at the very least. What he should really do is pleade guilty and take his lumps like the avg joe. He should actually insist on it. Otherwise public support will waiver.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

They said on the news last night that anything over 100 MPH is an automatic 6 month suspension. It will be interesting to see if the speed plead guilty to is reduced.

Is he even a Mn resident? If not, can Mn court force his state of residence to revoke his license for 6 months??

While I agree, he should take his lumps. I also believe if I’m in his shoes, with millions of dollars, I have my lawyer plead this down.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

Is he even a Mn resident? If not, can Mn court force his state of residence to revoke his license for 6 months??

You are correct Kooty. On one of the TV stations last night they showed his ticket and his address was Norman Oklahoma.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.