Packer Blues

• jldii

Quote:

The Vikings offense looked good today. Would have been a near perfect showing on the O side of things if AP wouldn’t have put a couple on the carpet.

I’m guessing the Bears are lucky the score wasn’t a bit more lopsided. AP’s fumble on the first drive cost them a chance for points, and we had 2 TD’s called back because of penalties.

It’s a little worrying the last 2 weeks seeing all the flags being thrown on the Vikes. Can’t say I agree with all the calls either. Maybe next game I’ll wear my regular glasses and leave the purple ones in the case!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The fumbles and penalties will give Chilly something to yell about this week.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

A team will take penalties and wins over no penalties and a loss any day. But I agree the penalties are out of hand for a lot of teams, many of the calls are cheesy at best as well. I did catch the play that Favre was called for a false start. It was ODD looking to say the least. I wish Fox would get back to showing replays so some things like that could be seen again to see what happened. Fox is now like ESPN was a few years ago as far as replays are concerned.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It felt like a really sloppy game, both sides!!! Lots of dropped passes. Penalties. Must have ran pretty long.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Tony Dungy and the U are still very tight. He was a key figure in getting the private funding raised that helped build the Gophers new stadium. He and his wife still own a home in Minnesota, and he is still very much a booster of this program, so don’t be so fast to dismiss and speak with such certainty that he will not consider the position if asked.

I’ve had Tony fishing in my boat and I can tell you that he has an open mind to the idea.

Nice name dropping. You are right. I am sure he tells all his intimate feelings to some guy that took him fishing. My point was is some newspaper guy just threw out an opinion asking what about Dungy coming to the Gophers and all of sudden it is a huge rumor. Sure he might go to the Gophers. But all coaches find the NFL the pinnacle of their profession and when he could get 8-10 million in the NFL, don’t hold your breath that he is going to come save the pathetic Gopher program. But as Dungy’s confidant, you would know better so I will agree that Dungy won’t be a Packer coach because he will be on the sidelines for the Gopers next year.

What gives you the right to be so cynical of anything someone says that differs from what you say?

As for name dropping, it’s a fact, Tony has fished with me, as have many of the members of the “Athletes IN Action” Christian Fellowship from the NFL. Both players and coaches, so get off your high horse and deal with it.

Cynical about somebody having an opinion different from mine? Have you ever looked in the mirror? I’m not on a high horse. I don’t doubt that you have taken him fishing. I just doubt he is going to tell a fishing guide his actual plans. Of course he would say the correct thing. Did you really think he was going to just laugh and ask why the heck he would give up millions of dollars to go to college?? As I said, I suppose he could, but tell me one successful pro coach that has gone back to college? Hey any chance you have fished with Shanahan? He used to coach with the Gophers. Maybe you can find out if he is open to coming back?

jldii

I never infered that he told me his plans, but I can say from our conversations that the possibility of him maybe coaching at the college level is not as far fetched as you seem to think. He enjoys working with young players, teaching and developing talent and developing character in these players, a lot more than he does the “pro” athletes and all the baggage that comes with being in the NFL.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

My guess it won’t be college or pro next year. I think he is pretty happy with his current gig.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

Even after all your blather I will say this. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are morons! Their tenure in the NFL will be short lived if they make it past this year. The experiment failed, NEXT! [/quote/]

I think big g and ratt are brothers! Calling all bandwagoneers! Calling all bandwagoneers! your train is leaving in 10 minutes.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.