Packer Blues

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I heard a quick blurb that Kampman and Harris went down with ACL injuries today. Sorry to hear this, I like beating up on you guys, but also want a fair “fight”.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Karma for everyone who said Favre would be hurt by now?

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I hate to see the good ones like Kampman injured. Any injury is a PITA for that matter. But don’t fret for I’m sure TT has made sure to have some veteran back ups…

bigpike

Quote:

I hate to see the good ones like Kampman injured. Any injury is a PITA for that matter. But don’t fret for I’m sure TT has made sure to have some veteran back ups…

Actually the rookie that played last week in Kampman’s spot played that game better than any Kampman had played all year. Kampman is a 4-3 end not 3-4 backer and this was probably his last game in Green Bay today. The loss of Harris is much tougher. Arm chair GM’s are always so full of wisdom, I’m sure your moves as GM would have the Packers undefeated and marching for our 5th straight SB. As far as Karma goes and Favre: The analogy I think people were getting at was Favre at 40 is more likely to break down like he did last year from age / length of his career. If that brings “Karma” well then its your story and you can tell it any way you want.

riveratt

Kampmans back up is better than Kampman? Silly me, I always thought they put the best talent on the field that gives them the best chance to win. I agree Kampman is likely to leave to greener pastures, but that will be done by his decision not the packers. And let me point out what happened when Clifton went down, the entire O line was shifted around trying to figure out who could play and at what position. Remember who Tauscher has as a back up? That’s some good depth right there! Harris is and has been over rated for at least three years. Any good QB that plays the Packers know this and they will go after him. I might point out the Minnesota games but there are others. He gave up a TD yesterday while looking for an INT instead of defending the play.

What the heck does Favre and Karma have to do with this post?

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Quote:

Actually the rookie that played last week in Kampman’s spot played that game better than any Kampman had played all year. Kampman is a 4-3 end not 3-4 backer and this was probably his last game in Green Bay today. The loss of Harris is much tougher. Arm chair GM’s are always so full of wisdom, I’m sure your moves as GM would have the Packers undefeated and marching for our 5th straight SB. As far as Karma goes and Favre: The analogy I think people were getting at was Favre at 40 is more likely to break down like he did last year from age / length of his career. If that brings “Karma” well then its your story and you can tell it any way you want.

I totally agree with Bigpike on this. Kampman looked like a deer in the headlights on just about every play. He will do some team that runs the 4-3 a great job….. wherever he lands. Harris on the other hand will be a great loss. Who they plug in there will have some big shoes to fill.

I also agree with him on the GM situation. Monday morning GMs are as common as Monday morning QBs….. Opinions are like “bungholes”……..everone has one

riveratt

Remember last week guys, Kampman suffered a concussion. Did you not catch them wiping blood from his ear yesterday? Don’t try and tell me Kampman has been playing confused all season, not even close to true! He either suffered another at some point yesterday or still has effects from last.

Before you decide to blast someone for playing Monday morning QB or GM you may also want to think back on your own posts. Anyone who discusses football does this, it is called bench racing in some circles. No matter if you agree with or disagree with a teams decisions. By discussing it you are arm chairing it.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

weirdest injuries I have ever seen. they were barely engaged with the opposing players when they happened. on grass also. when two starters go do down it’s a big deal. Harris’s injuries poses bigger problems for the Pack. opposing qb’s are going to be salivating when they play us now. every game will be a shoot out.

LenH
    Wisconsin

no blitzing because they will have to play zone.

Put a fork in us.

11 and 13 veteran at corner with NO adequate

back ups. Is this a drafting ERROR and who

is in charge of the draft for GB?

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Kampman has been a deer in the headlights all year. He has been burned over and over all year long. Maybe he has played with a concussion all year? I feel bad for him. He was a great end and just isn’t a linebacker. Capers and Greene wanted to make him the next Greene, but he just doesn’t have the skills to do that. Jones should have been the starter and now he will be.

I’m surprise you guys are not blaming TT and MM for those guys getting hurt too. If I get this straight, TT should draft players to fix the D, draft or sign OL to fix the O line, get a RB because the everybody screamed to get sign is no good, and draft players to make sure there is adequate back up to each and every position on the field. Anything else on the wish list?

bigpike

Quote:

Remember last week guys, Kampman suffered a concussion. Did you not catch them wiping blood from his ear yesterday? Don’t try and tell me Kampman has been playing confused all season, not even close to true! He either suffered another at some point yesterday or still has effects from last.

Before you decide to blast someone for playing Monday morning QB or GM you may also want to think back on your own posts. Anyone who discusses football does this, it is called bench racing in some circles. No matter if you agree with or disagree with a teams decisions. By discussing it you are arm chairing it.

Mr Rat you can monday QB all you want, but continually bashing Thompson as the team continues to climb back into the playoff picture seems to be overkill. If your a Thompson hater then come clean, but looking at the way Raji played on Sunday and the continued development of Mathews and Finley along with the stellar play of Rodgers. This team has talent if you want to admit it or not. I mean they come off two big wins, they did what they had to do and all you can do is bash Thompson. You need to get over it, because if the Packers do make it to hte playoffs Thompson will be going nowhere…

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Quote:

Mr Rat you can monday QB all you want, but continually bashing Thompson as the team continues to climb back into the playoff picture seems to be overkill. If your a Thompson hater then come clean, but looking at the way Raji played on Sunday and the continued development of Mathews and Finley along with the stellar play of Rodgers. This team has talent if you want to admit it or not. I mean they come off two big wins, they did what they had to do and all you can do is bash Thompson. You need to get over it, because if the Packers do make it to hte playoffs Thompson will be going nowhere…

WELL SAID………..

riveratt

You mean I left room for confusion about how I feel about TT and McFlurry? Sorry, let me “clean that up.” They are BOTH sub par at best! Simple as that. If you think I am the only one pointing out TT’s refusal to sign quality free agents then you are simply mistaken. For the last 6 years TT has fielded the youngest team in the NFL. That is NOT building for the future, period. That is NOT allowing for quality back ups, period. Anyone care to compare this duo’s three year record to winning teams such as New England or Indianapolis? Save for one year that seems now to be a fluke they have had nothing to write home about. Even with the 13-3 they are hardly above five hundred. That is middle of the road folks. And don’t forget “you know who” is to thank for the fat salary and contract extensions both TT and MM got.

So Green Bay is sneaking back into the play off race? For now I suppose that is a true enough statement. In this era of free agency I hardly call going from 13-3 to 6-10 to, if they are lucky, 9-7 this year progress. Especially after cleaning house of all the non productive coaches last year while keeping most of the same players. Will TT and McFlurry be there next year? I highly doubt it unless they at least get to the NFC Championship name. And at best they will be a one and done. If they are still there then I’m wrong and it makes it very easy to tune them out again next year.

By the way, riddle me this. When a O coordinator takes over a team that has a running back, let’s use AP from Minny as an example, do you suppose they will want to make sure to build their offense around that person? Makes sense and any good coach will do just that. Who, if I may ask, did Dom Capers have in mind to build the Green Bay defense around? Honestly, what strength? He took the shut down corners, as they are called, and put them in an insanely foreign role. Took Kampman (check out his sack stats for specific game stretches from the previous two years and compare to the NFL leaders-then compare to this year) and changed his position and play duty thus neutering him. So what exactly did they set out to prove? Seems to be yet another example of lack of leadership right from the top. Unless the plan is to get rid of all these non 3-4 guys and replace them next year I can’t see their logic.

And while we are discussing the likes of Clay Mathews and Jermichael Finley let’s also not forget to toss in Justin Herrel, 3 years on IR and STILL on the roster. Will Blackman, again on IR because he’s never been allowed to heal from the first time. Should I even mention Barbre? And how about the big stud Willims(?) that they used a franchise tag on two years ago and then traded to the Browns for a third round pick and nothing else when the league norm is a 1st round and a compensatory later round pick. These would be non issues if the Packers were dominant. They are not.

I’m a TT hater, get used to it. I’m also, like each of you, a Monday Morning QB. I simply have no desire to sit back and defend a couple of “never was” while they continue to field sub par to average teams. Especially when people like Dungy and Cowher are out there chomping on the bit to take over a well respected team with the strong ties to talent. Enough of the experiment already, hire a real coach and GM!

jldii

Quote:

Especially when people like Dungy and Cowher are out there chomping on the bit to take over a well respected team with the strong ties to talent. Enough of the experiment already, hire a real coach and GM!

I don’t see Dungy coming back to coach an NFL team anymore. If he decides to get back into coaching, it most likely would be at the college level, if at all. Rumors say Minnesota, his alma matter.

As for Cowher, I strongly suspect we’ll be seeing him in Chicago next year. He’s a prefect fit for their tradition and that town.

I think we’ll see the Holmgren coaching tree replanted in GB next season. Mike in the front office replacing TT, and you can pick any of the available deciples he’s got out there working the sideline. Gruden, and Mariucci come to mind first.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

I want to see them both hired, then Favre can return to do both their jobs, better.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Packers make the playoffs or not, don’t expect either one of those guys to be fired. I totally agree that TT has made some bad picks. All GMs do. Capers is a great D coach and has a system. So Kampman used to get a lot of sacks and the corners were lock down, but guess what the D was horrible. Kampman doesn’t get sacks, Woodson is playing out of his mind, and the D is a lot better than last year. So one guy is really out of place. You are right, what the heck are they thinking over there. Let’s just keep having a bad D so Kampman can keep getting sacks. I do like how rat says in one post that Harris has been overrated for three years and then turns around and blames the leadership for changing the D because the Pack had shut down corners. Which is it then?

Dungy and Cowher? Give me some of what you are smoking. You really think either one of those guys would come to GB? Not in a million years. Plus GB will never fork over the salaries they want. People still bring up Mariucci? Please. By the way, I love this whole Dungy to the Gophers rumor. Some guy throws out at the paper hey maybe we can get Dungy, and then all of a sudden “the rumor is he is going to Minnesota”. That is hilarious. Dungy is not going to waste his time with a college team. Gruden is staying at ESPN. If not, he would be taking the ND job. Holmgren is not coming back to GB. So, of all these hot shot coaches, we are down to Shanahan (which I would take by the way).

You guys don’t mind Rat, he is just like a woman scorned because TT got rid of Favre. He lives in WI and claims to be a Packer fan, but is a also Bears and Queens fan, so if that tells ya anything. Why not throw the Lions in there too.

riveratt

Quote:

He took the shut down corners, as they are called, and put them in an insanely foreign role.

Note what I said in bold, I said it previously as well. Harris is way over rated. Remember how the gang banger from New York rode him like a rented mule two years ago to the tune of 190 some yards in the first half? You know, the game everyone said Favre lost for them? I do. He has been picked on this year as well. As for the Packer D being horrible last year don’t forget they had the same personnel and scheme in place from their 13-3 year. Which is it then? Were they good or were they bad?

Quote:

You guys don’t mind Rat, he is just like a woman scorned because TT got rid of Favre. He lives in WI and claims to be a Packer fan, but is a also Bears and Queens fan, so if that tells ya anything. Why not throw the Lions in there too.

So you want to try and use the mob psychology theory to build your internet power? Try and find something mildly entertaining to gain head count for “your side”. I bet you are one of them guys that gets stronger when he drinks too right?

For the record I do not claim to be a Packer fan. Until TT and McFlurry are gone I hope they lose every single game they play. I am a Bears fan, get over it. And while Favre is playing for the Vikings I will root for them to win each and every game they play. If there are some sort of rules that say a person can only have one favorite NFL team then go ahead and find someone in charge and turn me in for breaking the rules. Or maybe have a beer and try it yourself…

bigpike

Quote:

Quote:

I am a Bears fan, get over it

Mr. Rat I understand all your pain now and no I wont be getting over that fact anytime soon. Hey how’s that whole Cutler thing working out for you? Tommie Harris was a great pick- Not. Exactly how many playoff runs has Lovie Dovey made for the Bears? Here is a list of Bears 1st round picks over the last few years, I cant count the ones you traded away for some washed up player: Chris Williams , Greg Olsen, Cedric Benson , Tommie “anger management” Harris , Rex Grossman Michael Haynes Marc Colombo David Terrell Urlacher in 2000, the last relevant pick, then we get into the Cade Mclowns, and Curtis Enis’s of the world. You must be real proud of your management and the sterling draft record they have. Atleast now I understand your venom for the Packers. One thing is for sure, the Chicago Bears are one of the worst run franchises in the league and they have been for years. Worst ownership that is so cheap. They should be a marquee franchise with a sports town like Chicago behind them instead they wallow in mediocrity year in and year out. One thing is for sure Rat, from here on out if you chuck rocks at Green Bay and there management I will be chucking rocks right back at the pathetic Bears so load your gun and bring em on

riveratt

Sorry dude, I’ve been a Bears fan since 1985. Nothing you can really say that I haven’t heard before. I suppose I could point out that even with all the failure the cheap, and yes they are, Bears management has amassed they have at least been to the Super Bowl this decade! Heck it even happened with the failed Lovie Smith and all the useless players you pointed out to me. Your attempt to ruffle my feathers? FAIL!

I see I wasn’t clear enough in my last reply. I am also a Packer fan but my rooting for them is on permanent hold until the failed experiment is over. If by some sheer stroke of luck, and there WON’T be one, they made the big game, I root for them to lose.

I do have to admit to being cautiously nervous that this “Viking fan” thing could stick. Favre is very obviously the catalyst for my new found team but will it last after he is gone? Dang I hope not!!

I make no apologies that my blind faith doesn’t fall in line with yours or that of anyone else.

bigpike

Pretty wierd, you can love or hate any of the three teams. Pretty pointless arguing anything football with you, your a current fan of the best and when that team fails you switch to the next…..

riveratt

At least we agree the Packers are not the best, great analogy.

Having more than one football team to like creates a lot less entertainment stress believe me. I work with guys like you. Packers lose and their, and everyone who they work near, whole week is shot. Packers win one and they are buying Super Bowl tickets. Week in and week out. Not to say only Packer fans are that way, not at all. Prior to the current failed experiment in Green Bay I cheered weekly for the Packers. They lose well so be it the Bears maybe won. Both win, cool. Both lose, so be it. It is three hours entertainment a week. Get down from your chair and put the rope away already.

jldii

Tony Dungy and the U are still very tight. He was a key figure in getting the private funding raised that helped build the Gophers new stadium. He and his wife still own a home in Minnesota, and he is still very much a booster of this program, so don’t be so fast to dismiss and speak with such certainty that he will not consider the position if asked.

I’ve had Tony fishing in my boat and I can tell you that he has an open mind to the idea.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Riverrat = BLAH BLAH BLAH

riveratt

My attorneys name is Bob Loblaw. How’d you know?

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Quote:

He took the shut down corners, as they are called, and put them in an insanely foreign role.

Note what I said in bold, I said it previously as well. Harris is way over rated. Remember how the gang banger from New York rode him like a rented mule two years ago to the tune of 190 some yards in the first half? You know, the game everyone said Favre lost for them? I do. He has been picked on this year as well. As for the Packer D being horrible last year don’t forget they had the same personnel and scheme in place from their 13-3 year. Which is it then? Were they good or were they bad?

Quote:

So you want to try and use the mob psychology theory to build your internet power? Try and find something mildly entertaining to gain head count for “your side”. I bet you are one of them guys that gets stronger when he drinks too right?

For the record I do not claim to be a Packer fan. Until TT and McFlurry are gone I hope they lose every single game they play. I am a Bears fan, get over it. And while Favre is playing for the Vikings I will root for them to win each and every game they play. If there are some sort of rules that say a person can only have one favorite NFL team then go ahead and find someone in charge and turn me in for breaking the rules. Or maybe have a beer and try it yourself…

Actually Rat, I could really give a crap who you are a fan of. No mob here. Not trying to get anybody on my side. And I don’t get stronger when I drink. Sorry. Maybe you feel empowered on the interent? It is something I do to pass the time. Just pointing out to others that you only are fans of winning teams and don’t bother listening to your rants about TT and MM as you don’t represent the opinions of all Packer fans. Most people don’t find all the moves of TT the best, but to bash every single thing they do, maybe you shouldn’t worry about TT and MM so much. I don’t need a mob to know that people tire of your constant bashing. You fit right in with the Queen fans because you only like teams that win. Pretty funny that you are a fan of the Bears since 85.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Tony Dungy and the U are still very tight. He was a key figure in getting the private funding raised that helped build the Gophers new stadium. He and his wife still own a home in Minnesota, and he is still very much a booster of this program, so don’t be so fast to dismiss and speak with such certainty that he will not consider the position if asked.

I’ve had Tony fishing in my boat and I can tell you that he has an open mind to the idea.

Nice name dropping. You are right. I am sure he tells all his intimate feelings to some guy that took him fishing. My point was is some newspaper guy just threw out an opinion asking what about Dungy coming to the Gophers and all of sudden it is a huge rumor. Sure he might go to the Gophers. But all coaches find the NFL the pinnacle of their profession and when he could get 8-10 million in the NFL, don’t hold your breath that he is going to come save the pathetic Gopher program. But as Dungy’s confidant, you would know better so I will agree that Dungy won’t be a Packer coach because he will be on the sidelines for the Gopers next year.

riveratt

Even after all your blather I will say this. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are morons! Their tenure in the NFL will be short lived if they make it past this year. The experiment failed, NEXT!

jldii

Quote:

Quote:

Nice name dropping. You are right. I am sure he tells all his intimate feelings to some guy that took him fishing. My point was is some newspaper guy just threw out an opinion asking what about Dungy coming to the Gophers and all of sudden it is a huge rumor. Sure he might go to the Gophers. But all coaches find the NFL the pinnacle of their profession and when he could get 8-10 million in the NFL, don’t hold your breath that he is going to come save the pathetic Gopher program. But as Dungy’s confidant, you would know better so I will agree that Dungy won’t be a Packer coach because he will be on the sidelines for the Gopers next year.

What gives you the right to be so cynical of anything someone says that differs from what you say?

As for name dropping, it’s a fact, Tony has fished with me, as have many of the members of the “Athletes IN Action” Christian Fellowship from the NFL. Both players and coaches, so get off your high horse and deal with it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The Vikings offense looked good today. Would have been a near perfect showing on the O side of things if AP wouldn’t have put a couple on the carpet.

riveratt

I missed most of the Vikes game today. I saw the second time AP lost the ball, I think they got it back on a challenge. I went back out hunting shortly after so I only saw parts of maybe a half dozen plays. The Ol’Man appeared to be in sync with the receivers today. It’s too bad my Bears had to be pummeled but hey, it’s like when they play the Packers (and when I like the Packers) I always wish for the team with the best chance to go the furthest to win. And that happened today.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.