Help!

• tanders
    Rush River, WI

Hey guys was wondering if you could help me out, a while back there was a post regarding a way to cook eggs by boiling them in a ziplock bag, I cant find it anywhere! The family is heading up to Lake Owen for the yearly camping trip with a bunch of smallmouth/walleye fishin mixed in, and would like to try that technique out! Thanks! TA

complex12
    Madison Wi

FWIW, I tried this out a few nights after I saw the post.

Not only does it work, and is super convenient… I think they TASTE way better, believe it or not!

TIP: Try to limit use of ingredients with lots of moisture, it takes much longer for the eggs to set up.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

When I make homemade pizza w/ moist ingredients, I saute them 1st. It helps a lot. I am sure it would work w/ these too.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

this is what we did, saute the onions and set aside, then the peppers, then the mushrooms. Kind of set up a little buffet line where people could add what they wanted and seasoned it the way the wanted, top with a bit of cheese and salsa and I was in heaven. Don’t drop too many in the water at once, keep the temp up right at boiling for best results.

complex12
    Madison Wi

True that, in terms of sauteing.

But if you’re gonna dirty up a pan doing that, why not just make your omelette right in it at the same time?

I guess, I only have two mouths to feed… so no big deal.
    I just like to avoid as much clean-up as possible.

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Quote:

The family is heading up to Lake Owen

Two Lakes Campground?

tanders
    Rush River, WI

Thanks guys for all the help! Yep we are headin to two lakes campground, hopefully the fish cooperate! TA

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

My wife and I just tried them again last Saturday but couldn’t remember how long and too lazy to look it up so …. we found out 9 minutes is not enough. They turn out very good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.