measure fish

• rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I am looking for a measuring board like the hawg trough, but the sides are deeper. I bought one at gander mout. a few years back, a let it go with boat when I sold it. It is perfect for walleye, any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Ron

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

was it the judge? I know Dean at Everts has them or at least he did.

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

We make our own out of 6″ PVC. If you have access to a table saw you are set. Basically you just slice it down the middle at your desired length. Use a 6″ floor drain cover(one that is square on the end)slice that in two for the ends, screw it all together.

Lay down a fish sticker down the center and put some coats of lacquer on top and you are good to go. The other option is to get a metal yard stick and screw that down into the bottom.

If you have any questions just let me know. I’ll see if I can find a pic. Dad has made a bunch of these and every time he goes to Canada someone tries to buy them off him.

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Here is a horrible photo, but you can kind of see it on the floor behind me.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

that is a great idea

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

thanks, that is a great idea. Dads a pretty crafty guy.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

I have the metal ones screwed to the floor of my boat. Put the short upright against a verticle surface in the boat and it lays flat and wont trip anyone.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Our Club is selling them already made for $8 plus shipping. Contact me if you want pics or one of them.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

i was looking them up recently and came across this link. if i caught enough fish big enough for this, i’d think about trying to make it, for now, a 48″ sticker works for me… theres a pic a few posts down:

link

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.