Need Probate Attorney

• Dave G
    Rochester, MN

My brother Vern, and a lifetime fishing friend, died last week and I need to get an attorney to take his estate through probate court. I called 3 attorneys that were recommended to me and only one returned my call – they were so expensive it was ridiculous. It is a simple estate with a small home in Mpls and I will be doing almost all of the paper work. Does anyone know of an honest, fair priced, Rochester MN attorney who is skilled in probate matters?

Dave Gulczinski

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Are you sure you need an attorney? I worked w/ a trust department for many years and completed estate court filings. All the lawyers did is show up in court w/ my work.

If the family isnt contesting anything, if all assets are relatively easy to value, and if you have some basic accounting knowledge and keep good records, you can probably handle it yourself.

Otherwise, call a larger bank in your area, ask for the trust/probate/estate people and see if they can refer you to someone in the area.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

this is an honest attorney:
    Geraldine Sutcliffe
    507-261-8996
    [email protected]
    she’s handled a number of rochester matters for me well at a very reasonable price.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.