last week of work

• dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

to go along with the millions of others i got laid off permantly as of march 30th. i was welder at john deere dubuque works for about 6 years. record profits for those 6 years and the president made 11 million a year. out the door with 220 others and to go along with the 200 other laid off wage employees. No salary employees are scheduled to be cut. sorry for venting but times are hard for everybody right now. hopefully the fish start to bite i just got the rig out today . Dan

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I don’t know if you are single or married. With all the road construction coming with the government money you should be able to land a welding job.

Good luck…………

superdave
    NE IA

Sorry to hear that Dan. Hopefully things turn around for you soon.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

i’ve got a girlfriend 2 kids. she’s more worried than me. only thing i can do is keep my chin up and be positive. i’ve got 39 weeks of benefits so maybe i’ll suck them up for awhile. i wish i was a better fisherman i would guide on the side . thanks for the kind words boys, dan

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

With the amount of people looking I would start tomorrow. You can always fall back on the unemployment if you need it. Wait to long and you will be without benefits and a job.

Employers are much more impressed with guys looking for jobs right away then guys who sit for months before deciding to look for work.

Go get ’em!

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

Sorry to hear about the job Dan.
    If you do deside to take some time off be sure to work on that fishing. My brother inlaw got laid off from the steel mill in st. paul and i think he goes about 3 times a week.
    But he doesn’t have kids..

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Welcome to the club
    You only get 39 weeks of benefits? I have a full year, plus there are emergency extensions if that runs out
    Hopefully, you will get information about being a dislocated worker. We got a letter a few weeks ago about that and I am in the process of getting State funding to go back to school
    Finding work is definitely a challenge right now. I have applications in at quite a few places and many have recently put hiring freezes in place
    I hope things work out for you and you find something soon

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Good luck in your search guys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.