in need of some big prayers!

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

we have prayed every morning for you child.. and I continue to pray that she gets completely better..
    thank you for your updates..

ChadCarlson
    Sartell,MN.

Glad to see things are looking up

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Shane,

You are a strong man. I’m sitting in my office with tears in my eyes. I’m not sure I could have handeled this situation the way you have. The good lord has blessed all of us over the last month. I for one have been touched by your daughters fight. Know that your family is still in our prayers and I look forward to the day we can all say “Remember When”. Thank you for sharing.

God Bless.

Chris Shaul

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I have to share this with you all, this morning I was able to hold my daughter for the first time in 30 days. I got 4 kisses and 2 big hugs from her. my heart was breaking getting those from here, after a month of litterly not being sure on where I could touch and rub or just having to settle with holding her hand and just rubbing her forhead, to having her awake and smiling at me and getting her to show some affection back to me, that was just the highlight of my day today, then we got to take another wagon ride this morning and also got to hear the Dr say to start giving her water more than 2ml an hour. so hopefully we can get her going on a liquid diet soon. that would just be another step of progress.

Again, I want to thank each and every one of you for your continued prayers and support. it has meant alot to both me and my wife. if it wasn’t for the power of prayer, she wouldnt be here today to give me them hugs and kisses. after I get her home, I will share with you all what exactly happened.

thanks

shane

KevinMerbeth
    Waukesha,Wisconsin

Shane,Glad to hear things are looking better and better each day.Your last post made my week.Those hugs and kisses are great!!!Your daughter is a very brave little fighter.My family will continue to keep Kirsten and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Wow today was a busy day! I had two wagon rides today! Thomas, a little boy who was discharged today was playing in a wheelchair during my first ride and we were racing up and down the hall. That was a lot of fun! The nurses were even giggling at us.

Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy came up to see me today, I had a lot of fun with both of them. I got another partial bath today. Sometime during the night I spit up and it was in my hair and everything. Then Katie, my nurse french braided my hair, it looks really cute. I got a feeling it won’t look cute by morning though and Mom will probably figure out something to do.

I took almost a two hour nap today, that felt good. I fell asleep on Mom’s lap in the rocker and put her out too. The nurse said we looked so comfy that she didn’t bother to wake us up to say she was taking a break.

I played on the tumble mat with Mom for awhile until it was uncomfortable to sit up on my own. After laying down and relaxing for a bit, Mom set me back up in my bed and I drew pictures. That was a lot of fun! Good therapy for my fine motor skills. Thanks for the paper and markers Nana!

They took my catheder out today and when I finally went, boy did I have to go! Peed a little bit on Mom, but I think she was ok with it just happy that I was able to do it on my own. They cultured my urine before taking out the catheter and I now I have a bladder infection, so I am on antibiotics again. They also took out my periphial IV out of my foot. That felt really good to get out, it was starting to iritate me.

I am still on the Methedone to help with the Morphine withdrawls and they have me down to 2.5 ml of the Versed. So I am getting there slowly but surely. I am on a liquid diet for now for a few days and then they will start introducing foods again to get me off the feeding tube. But it will be a few days before that will happen.

Forgot to say that last night Lane and Zach came to see me, boy was that nice to see them I have really missed them! Mom didn’t tell them that I was awake, you should have seen their faces when they saw me. It was a good surprise for them to see how well I have gotten.

Time for bed, because if I know my mom, we will be doing it all over again tomorrow! Should be a lot of fun though.

fishinfool
    mn

Hopefully God will have you up and running outside in a little bit. You are a strong little girl without a doubt and tolerate more than most grown men would tolerate.

Enjoy the summer this year, you deserve it.

FISHINFOOL

olgunner

It is great to hear how well she is doing. I will keep her in my prayers. May God bless your whole family Shane.
    PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Today hasn’t been as busy as yesterday, but it’s been a good day. When Katie, my nurse, sat me up to fix my pj’s I crawled to my stuffed animals at the end of my bed and then to between the pillows at the head of the bed! Mom and Katie were so proud of me! Then while I was playing on the floor with the puzzles that Mom brought for me, I got an itchy nose and pulled my feeding tube out. They are going to re-insert it tonight and only do my feedings from 8 at night to 8 in the mornings so I get the hungry feeling and maybe start to really want to eat. Today I have eaten some applesauce, Mom and Grandma had to coax me a little bit, but I have eventually gave in. Sticker and stars go a long way!

I still have to go for may wagon ride today. I got busy visiting with Grandma and Grandpa and Lane and Zach. It is nice to see my brothers and play with them again. Can’t wait until I get to go home!

Gee I can tell I’m a little wore out today! I forgot to say that I stood today. It was only for a short while and Katie helped, but it was alot of fun!

I also got to eat ACTUAL chicken noodle soup, not that fake stuff in my IV. Plus I went potty all by myself on the potty tonight!

We’re not going to do anything more tonight, I’m getting pooped out!

It was really nice to see her sitting up by herself, coloring in a notebook, smiling and giggling, getting some kisses. she got the ok from the Dr. to start eating what ever she wants shen she wants to. hopefully she will be on her way back home soon.

thanks for the continued prayers and support.

shane

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

What great progress… .. I know she still has a ways to go, but GOD DOES ANSWER PRAYER!!!…God Bless you all!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I was just thinking about what kind of food i would want after not being able to eat solid foods, no doubt, an icecream cone would sure be toward the top of that list! The prayers are still coming, keep up the good work.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well this is what she had for lunch today, so far only eating the pretzels, dad got nominated to eat the cheri jello, yum!!

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

You guys look like you are doing good!! I love seeing the smiles

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

you can tell she is going to be a model, she stops and poses when the camera is out, it is pretty funny.

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

you can tell she is going to be a model, she stops and poses when the camera is out.

OR

Shes planning on being a fisherwoman and beating Dad in tournaments which means she has to pose for the 1st place winner pics.
    [Shane I think maybe you better have her be your partner ]

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

that’s what I want to see.. the kid out of bed!!!!!

please keep improving..

we are still praying for you..

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Good evening everyone. Today was a quiet day, slept the afternoon away cuddling with Dad. When Mom got here, she put me to work though! I played with my Hello Kitty magnets on the fridge, did some standing, went for a wagon ride (of course we went visiting!), got a bath and ate dinner! Cambells Chicken Soup again, MMMM that stuff is good! Oh and we watched The Shaggy Dog with Tim Allen, boy did I have a good laugh with that movie!

Bill,
    I would love to have her as my partner, and I won’t be surprised if she did outfish me, I wouldn’t cry at all.

shane

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

shane,
    great to read the posts and that she is doing better each day.

Broncs

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Wow, today was a pretty good day today. I started the day out with surgery again. They took out my PD catheter, no more dialysis!! YEAH!!!! Then therapy came in and I got quite the workout rolling side to side putting toys back in the bucket. It was a lot of fun. Therese my nurse gave me her flash light to play with. Every time she comes in and asks where it is, I hide it. It’s a fun game to play with her.

Rumor has it that I will be moving up in the world here again yet today. Sounds like the seventh floor! It’s great cause it means I’m getting better, but it also means I am loosing my big room.

yeah, mom and dad went up and scoped out her new room, talk about a little room and it comes with roomates this time, so no more big room for mom and dad to get me down on the floor for exercises. hopefully we can get out of here soon.

shane

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Great news Kirsten!!

Keep up the good work and have fun messin with
    your nurses.

Dan

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Kirsten,
    Great to see you doing so much better. Eating, and getting out of bed often to be with your family.
    Keep listening to mommy and daddy, and you’ll be getting stonger and stonger, and soon you will be able to go home.
    God Bless you little one, and prayers do continue.
    Jack (Lane’s chisago friend)

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I am trying to keep this at the top, we didn’t have too much of an eventfull day today, we are now on the 7th floor of the hospital, a little closer for her to be with the angels that have helped her get better and protect her. she also got a new room mate this afternoon, another little girl that is 2 and just out of surgery, I got to talk to dad for a little bit before I left, but that was it.

I would like to thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers as time move on and so did the progress of our baby girl. she is getting her personality back, and having the nurses fighting over her to see which one will watch her. the rummor on the floor is, if she keeps on getting better, she might be able to come home sometime next week, she will then have to finish her recovery from home. not sure on how true that is, but it is a rumor.

agian, I want to thank this family for the support, it has been awsome and much needed at times to hear the kind words of others.

so to you all

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Tonight was a good night. I went for a long wagon ride. That was a lot of fun, they have a fish tank on this floor with two fish that say “I love you” on them! How cool is gthat?!

Then Mom and me played on the floor for a little bit. When it was time to get down off the bed, I wouldn’t let Mom pick me up. Told her that I could do it myself and I pretty much did! I scooted off the bed, with Mom keeping me steady. Then I stood for a what seemed like a really long time, but was probably only like 30 seconds, but that was really good! I took a couple of steps, I was really proud of myself and so was Mom. Of course she wasn’t able to get a picture of it since she was the one who was helping me keep my balance, but it was a great feeling!

Then I had dinner, chicken noodle soup of course. Watch Tinkerbell and cuddle with Mom in bed for awhile. This room is too small to have a nice chair in for us to cuddle in.

Thanks for everyone’s prayers. They have really been meaning a lot. Keep them coming, I still have a ways to go before I can get out of here!

timmy

Quote:

the rummor on the floor is, if she keeps on getting better, she might be able to come home sometime next week, she will then have to finish her recovery from home. not sure on how true that is, but it is a rumor.

We are still praying. Looking forward to that post when she is at home and giving you a hard time

Tim

redneck
    Rosemount

I am definitely looking forward to when she is home Shane! We are going fishing (walleye of course) when this all settles down. And don’t forget I get to make my “Let’s bust a bass guy” post
    By the way, I will keep her and your family in my prayers till this is all behind us and beyond.
    Rich

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I will let you have all of the fun you want to redneck as long as she is home and doing great, I could care less. but there again, that was a rumor, so lets hope it comes true.

shane

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

shane glad to see she is doing better. she looks much better now than a month ago. i am very happy to hear of all the good progress.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Day by day – the news just keeps on getting better!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Well, tonight has not been a good night for me. Something has my stomach just churning and I am having a tough time keeping my meds in. Mom and the nurse have had to change my bed so many times that I’ve lost count. They are going to switch what meds they can over to IV’s for the night to give my stomach a break and then reasses in the morning.

But when I’m not getting sick I have been a happy little girl for the most part, I was even playing hide and seek on my bed. My roommates Grandma thought that was pretty cute. Hopefully things will go better tonight.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

in case you guys where wondering, the caring bridge website is down for the better part of the day for maintenance. just giving you all a heads up.

shane

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 305 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.