in need of some big prayers!

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Hello everyone, we had this long post already last night and it went bye-bye. It was too late to do it again so we just waited until today.

I am doing much better with getting my meds by IV again. My resident doctor says I should be done with my antibiotics today or tomorrow for my infection, she couldn’t remember for sure. But she figures starting tomorrow they will try my meds orally one at a time, to see which one was actually causing me to be sick.

I’m pretty picky on what I eat still. I still like my chicken soup though. I tried a hotdog yesterday that didn’t go so well. I have had partial sausage patties yesterday and today for breakfast. Mom keeps trying to get me to eat different things, but I won’t even try them.

Yesterday was a big day for me. I got a much needed bath, boy did that feel good to get cleaned up again. Then after getting that and having a little bit to eat PT came and and we worked on standing up from a sitting position, kneeling at the bench to play with my puzzles, we started to play Chutes and Ladders, but decided I didn’t want to do that. I took a couple of steps between the bed and the bench and then with a little help I crawled up on the bed and had enough. Grandma and Grandpa were here when I woke up from my nap. I showed Grandma how well I could do and I walked from the bed to the bench and crawled up and sat next to her. Then I decided that wasn’t enough from me and I walked around my bed. I was so excited that I gave myself the hiccups! Then I decided that wasn’t enough and I wanted to really go for a walk and I walked down the hallway. Mom and Grandma figured out that I walked 80 feet last night! WOW that was exciting! It didn’t take me long to fall asleep last night I wore myself out!

I have already went for a walk again today and I went further than I did last night! Then we went for a wagon ride. Dad is bringing Land and Zach up to see me today. We are going to go play in the playroom, that should be a lot of fun, we haven’t gotten to play together in a long time!

Don’t forget to check out my new photos, Mom is going to post them here soon!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Wow tonight was a fun night! I went for a couple more walks since this morning. I even went down to the PICU to see some of the nurses I had down there, they were very excited to see me. I hope to be able to go down again soon to see some of the other nurses I had and show off how well I am doing.

After we got back to the room, I ate a can of chicken noodle soup and had a drinking race with Grandma. They are trying to get me to drink/eat more. I think with all the energy I burned today, helped me out a lot!

Lane and Zach came up this evening and we played in the game room for awhile, they were playing basketball and having a lot of fun. I trucked around in the Little Tykes Flinstone car, that was a good work out for my legs.

It’s bedtime now, so I have to get to bed and get some much needed sleep. Have a goodnight everyone!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Good to hear. Shane I have read every post and love to hear that she is doing better every day.

Thanks for the updates!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Great report sweetie. Sure like getting those good reports.
    Thanks, Bill

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

doing much better, i like hearing about this.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s awesome!!!!!! Love the smile of a child!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

more hot breaking news, we are now off of the last IV machine, we are now chord free, walking with assistance and getting closer to the door. can’t wait to bring her home.

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

GREAT news Shane.

redneck
    Rosemount

How many bass guys does ……..
    Just warming up Shane

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Great news! Let me know when you want those mags.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

you just get em all ready there redneck, nothing will be sweeter then being on the water, listening to you banter about this and that knowing my wife is at home pulling her hair out while I am relaxing. just kidding, once we get all settled back in, then I am sure she will let me go and I may even have a tag along with as well.

nope, I am so excited without her having tubes hooked up, I am hoping that she does good so she don’t have to be hooked back up.

but again, thanks for keeping up in your thoughts and prayers.

thanks

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I know some people are probably seeing this post back on top day after day, but I was up at the hosptial today and she has this little walker for her, and she is just cruising everywhere with it, we had almost a 2 hour walk today, I was tired after it and she wasn’t.

but the main reason for posting tonight is, rumor mill has it in best authority that she might be coming home on friday sometime. like in 2 days. but shhhhhh! don’t tell anyone else incase it don’t happen.

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ah come on Shane….can’t I tell anyone??? Not even her? Just gotta love it when the Lord answers prayers.
    Thanks, Bill

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Ah come on Shane….can’t I tell anyone??? Not even her? Just gotta love it when the Lord answers prayers.
    Thanks, Bill

I know how you feel, I want to go and tell the world that my little miracle child is comming home, but I don’t want to get everyones hope up and then when it don’t happen, then no one will be dissapointed other than me and mom.

shane

redneck
    Rosemount

So where are the opictures of her and the cute walker????
    You keep posting every update Shane, there are a lot of people following and praying for Kirsten and your family.
    On a side note, I am leaving early in the morning for a few days at Evert’s so if she does come home I need a raincheck till Monday or so with my bass post

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

that is fine, we delayed the walker picture until I could add a few accessories to it for her. then we will take one and post it.

you can have all the time in the world for you trying to remember some bass jokes. not many will come to mind there redneck. good luck fishing and talk to you later.

shane

p.s. she is haveing a minor surgery today, getting her IV port (broviac) taken out today at 1. so think of us.

shane

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

man shane she looksa great. ill still be praying untill she is home safe in her own bed. ill be thinking of you guys today. i hope the little surgery goes good, but all she has been through this dont seem too big of a deal. keep up the good work guys. i like seeing how far she has come.

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

Prayers sent!

Praying for continued healing.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well this is unofficial but tommarow she is being schedule from release from her hospital and on her way home to finish recovering and the weening off of her meds, I know that there will be a mad rush of people that want to come and see her, but please wait for a few days and let us get some family time together after this 7 week ordeal.

also if you are interested, my sister-in-law is selling these little bracelets, $1.00 each or if you want to give more you can. the top side has Kirsten’s name on it and the bottom has “prayer is power”. comes in blue camo and pink camo. add a little extra if you want them mailed to you. thanks.

again, thanks for the support from this family, it was needed and much appreciated.

Shane Hildebrandt and family.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

boy I hope that she comes home and starts raising Cain.. I am so happy for you and your family.. we have prayed for her almost daily..

congrats and lets get her completely recovered..

timmy

Shane and Family –

Just read the latest update on Caring Bridge……

‘Nuf said…….Tim

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Timmy,

I feel the same way, it is official folk, we are home together at last and it is nice to see my family together again after 7 weeks of being apart. it was rough on me and the boys as it was on mom and sissy. anyway, I will let you know when the party is going to be for her coming home, next weekend her brother zach is having his bday party so it will be a couple of weeks after that. I will keep you all posted.

Again, thanks for the support and kind words and prayers for my daughter and family. It shows that we have a great group of people here that care about others and we need more poeple like that in this country.

Thanks

Shane Hildebrandt

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Awesome, I’m glad she is home!

Now, who said something about a Tootsie Roll?

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

…Just saw the news this morning my brother!!!….Congratulations!! I’m glad to hear that all is well and that your little baby is home with you.. I can’t imagine how tough the last 7 weeks have been, but I know that each day that went by the Lord was by your side holding your hand along with those of your family. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the picture or not, but there is one where there is a single set of foot prints in the sand.. The story that goes with it is that at the beginning there were two sets of prints…one was yours and one was the Lords.. The Lord was asked what happened to the second set of foots prints…He replied..”That’s when I was carrying you”. God Bless you and your family …I’m very excited and glad to see you all home again…take good care Shane…

Ben Leal

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Very good news!!!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Praying for her and you and the rest of the family….

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

Been hoping and praying for U guys to get home! What great news

mstrumar

All i can say is . I have been following progress all along on Caring Bridge. I am so happy for all of you. It is hard to be apart from your young child for such a long time.

Glad all the thoughts and prayers paid off.

Mary and Jeff

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 305 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.