Every picture tells a story

• haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Think I should come up with something better?

Yea, I should…this one is lame.

prieser
    Byron, MN

my second job…wish I had a big walleye

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I don’t catch many fish.

And Briank thinks I’m cute.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

some of the stories are sad.. this is my daughter who died in spring of 2007 of a heroin overdose…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Mine is my now 4 year old daughter. A day in the boat on Minnetonka musky fishing. We mostly ate donuts and licorice. Pretty sure the musky wouldn’t bite that day anyhow.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I was fishing for Mille Lacs jumbos using an ultra lite and 2lbs. test when the fish smacked my 1/16th ounce go devil.

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

Mine is a PB 28 inch walleye caught on Minnetonka in the fall trolling.

ted-merdan

My two best fishing buddies that are ready to go whenever we get the chance – Zander & Chesney. Someday will have one of my daughter holding a fish up between the two of them!

ted

timmy

Mine is just average pike ~ maybe 8 or 10 lbs. It is my favorite winter activity…..

Tim

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

A Nice lookin’ 26″ on Cass 2007, Nightime bobber fishing. A good memory from a very solid week long vacation. Hoping to upgrade the photo this year with my little guys first fish!

whiskeyandwater
    ????

July ’07 Out chasing pike in a local lake, and this gal took my JSR. What a blast! She swam with me the entire time I was bringing it into the boat, and I remember telling my buddy that it was a small hammer handle. Then I saw her and she saw me. After that she took off close to 100 yards of line. She came in at only 39″ But the girth made her about all I could handle on my set up. Now I can’t go back to that lake with out hooking into one tiger every trip. Did Imention we didn’t have the net with? He forgot it at home. My buddy wasn’t happy with my when he had to land her by hand!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I just love sturgeon that much

Okay, so the real story is that I was trying to think of the most funny thing I could do for a sturgeon photo. It just popped into my head. And I actually planned on using it for my avatar before I took the photo. I also put it in the slideshow at our wedding this spring. My wife got a kick out of it.

And yes, I really kissed it, but no tongue

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

That one is a classic, Ryan. And one of my favorites!

-J.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Nice healthy 26 incher from Lake of the Woods on a trip with my dad, Heidi, her dad, her brother and niece.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Mr. Wiggum,

Now that you are married I hope you’ve given up on kissing anything that has longer whiskers than you.

My avatar…since I haven’t landed a catfish in two years…this is someone’s cat that I borrowed before releasing it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Mr. Wiggum,

Now that you are married I hope you’ve given up on kissing anything that has longer whiskers than you.

Well I’m sure not gonna kiss a walleye

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Mine is to honor my niece and her husband who both have served two tours to this point.

It also is the symbol of our right to post our expressions and feelings on the Internet without it being censored.

“Let freedom wave.”

bradg

This is a pretty cool thread…although I have a few pics of some 30 and 31 inch class eyes….I love my avatar pic…It is a dusk sillohouette on Devils Lake fishing with my wife, niece, and nephew

mrwalleye
    MN

Quote:

I just love sturgeon that much
    And yes, I really kissed it, but no tongue

I love that photo every time I see it it makes me laugh

Mine is just another fall walleye for me

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

My picture is from my first ever Walleye Tournament when a great friend and I went 1st and 3rd, with Where’s Waldo being the 1st place fisher. Great time with great memories!

Where’s Waldo, is that what i’m not your avatar pic, because i laugh when you whiff?

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

My son with his PB 18″ Croix smallie.
    My PB Croix flathead weight unknown.
    My PB Croix smallie 20.5″.
    All 3 released to fight again.
    A nice Lake Michigan salmon…yummy..grilled..not released!
    Me with a Barrett .50 caliber semi auto sniper rifle at Bill’s Gun Shop. We were there for a IDA full auto shoot.

That reminds me I have to get some more!

Ferny

blush
    Maple Grove, Minnesota

My photo is from a beautiful day on the water June 2006. Brad and I spent the day fishing with our good friend Mike Kaveney. Since he was our guest, I let him take the rod on most of our hits. We were trolling cranks. (Maybe that is obvious since I was with Brad/Grifter .)It was late in the day when this fish hit and Mike told me to take my turn. I landed this 30 incher I am not sure who was happier Brad, Mike or me that we all got to share this experience. One more great memory! Now I have a graphite mount on the wall.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

My avatar picture was taken in April of 2007 at the Nebraska State Farm Open Walleye tournament at Sherman Reservoir. My cousin and I won the 2 day tournament by over 7 lbs. It was the largest paying fishing tournament ever held in Nebraska. We took home over $11,000 in cash. The walleyes in the picture were 29.5 and 28 inches and were both released to be caught again.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Mine is another Mille Lacs walleye. It was a fat 28″ fall walleye.

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

I have mine all picked out, 8.5 28″ eye from Mille Lacs. There was sheets of ice on certain spots of the lake. I was freezing until up until the hook was set.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

My avatar is my #2 All Time Largest Largemouth. It was caught out in California on the Sacramento River Delta about 5 years ago. It went almost 25 inches, and over 10 pounds. My largest ever Bass was 2 years before this Bass, and was 10 lbs and 3 oz, on the same lure, same water.
    In the 3rd photo, the smaller Bass is a measured 20.5 inches and over 5 1/2 lbs for comparison.
    I never thought I’d ever have the chance at a Bass like that. I was jumping around the boat like some crazy kid.

This same Bass picture was used in an In-Fisherman article (a few years ago) that was about catching Trophy March Largemouth Bass.
    Sure was fun.
    Jack

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

I am still waiting to catch a walleye big enough or memorable enough to put up as an avatar. Pretty pathetic, but I just can’t seem to catch that fish.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

nothing too exciting with mine… I’m still waiting for that trophy fish to show off…

these are my two ‘pups’ Zeus and Zoey… next summer, they’ll be old enough (and trained enough) to join me on the boat!

Viewing 29 posts - 61 through 89 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.