Line records?

• pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Does anybody have an idea on what the line record is for Northern Pike in Wisconsin? Thanks for the help

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

HERE is what i could find. Hope that is what you were looking for!!

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

maybe you already tried this, but i looked at the freshwater fishing hall of fame and international gamefish association web sites but both require paid memberships to look at their records, which include line records for all species.

perhaps a member here is already signed up to one of those organizations and could look it up for you.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Do you have a potential record???

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I will look it up as soon as I can but in my opinion line class records are bull….. and so is IGFA for anything other than the usual gamefish. At one point I thought it would be neat to have a couple records to my name since I know it is doable. When it comes to my fish I target regularly the fish are missidentified so often I really do not trust any of their records. A better record to go by is the one in Hayward but I believe they do not do the line class part of records. With IGFA it is 1001 hoops you must go through to get your record to be reconized and that includes a decent fee ($100 maybe?)

I have had 2 fish that could have been line class records but I released them and feel good about it. I know you have to send them the lure/hook and x number of inches of your line so that they can evaluate the line and if it is stronger than the package you bought says then it will be disqualified. To me it is just too much hassle no wonder Larry Dahlberg lets them go!

Don’t get me wrong Make up your own certificate and be proud of your catch. Only your pride and opinion matter don’t let a organization tell you it is a record just know for yourself that it is a trophy.

Aaron

(I am off my soapbox now)

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

4lb test 15lbs 8oz Pokegama Bay Dec 99 Justin Powers
    12lb test 11lbs 12oz ”””””””’Same”””””’
    20lb test ———-Open—————————-

All Tackle world 55lbs 1oz Germany

pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

I had an approx 14 lb 38inch northern yesterday I caught on 3 lbs test, little cecil and UL ice rod. What a blast!!! The fish could have not been hooked any better for the fight. Just the hook was in the corner of its mouth. Took about 10 min to play him out and of course nobody on the ice has a gaf so I have to stick the old hand in the water to get him out. Oh and a 6 inch hole to make it more fun.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Sounds like a blast. That would have gotten the blood going. Nice job.

FDR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.