A shocking bass report

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I saw this too. Interesting how the angler wanter to remain nameless. Guessing he didn’t want the flack for killing the fish.

FDR

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

that was cool, wonder how it smells though?

shane

bigpike

Quote:

Had to be someone from Iowa or Wisconsin down there for some meat.”

Interesting comment, could tell us what you mean by this???

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Keeping and cleaning an 8 pound bass??? From Sam Rayburn??? Had to be someone from Iowa or Wisconsin down there for some meat.

So let me get this straight.

A. There is a law in place that requires any 8 pound bass be released.

B. Only people from Iowa or Wisconsin would eat a bass.

I see a few flaws in your logic Gordon. First off, most people from Wisconsin are smart enough to know bass taste like poo and wouldn’t keep one to eat. I can’t speak for Iowa. Second, it seems to me that the amount of meat in relation to the cost of the trip really wouldn’t make it worthwhile to go all the way to Texas to catch bass for meat. There are plenty of lakes and rivers in both Iowa and Wisconsin, and they are full of bass.

But most of all, how do you know the guy isn’t living in a cardboard box and caught the fish on a borrowed pole and that fish was going to be the first real food he had in months?

Maybe it was his 10 year old son that wanted it mounted because he had an illness that was going to kill him and this was the last time he would have enough strength to hold a pole?

I believe there could be a couple hundred reasons why somebody would keep an 8 pound green carp, and if the law says he can, it is his choice.

Catch and release is great, I support it and practice it, but if somebody wants to keep a fish within the bounds of the bag limit, it is their choice. Get off his

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

These packer fans are sure sensitive.

bigpike

I’m just wondering what he means by that comment regardless of the team you root for or the state you are from

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I think it might be a play on words on Byron Velvick’s comments on Amistad this year.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Mendota,

This goes back to something that happened down at Amistad a while ago – Byron Velvick made a comment about all the visitors down there being from WI/IA etc and killing and eating all the bass….

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Mendota,

This goes back to something that happened down at Amistad a while ago – Byron Velvick made a comment about all the visitors down there being from WI/IA etc and killing and eating all the bass….

Ok then, I retract my rant. Or at least redirect it. HEY BYRON….

chomps
    Sioux City IA

heck, in my book 8 pound bass taste just as good as the 5 pounders.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Didn’t a guy from MN eat a 10lber once? That fish was from Shakopee?

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Hey, I’m from Iowa and I LOVE 8 pound bass. YUMMY!!!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I hear 8 lb’ers out of Raybun are considered eaters. they don’t throw ’em back until they get to be 10-12 lb’s at least.

NickJohnson

Quote:

Keeping and cleaning an 8 pound bass??? From Sam Rayburn??? Had to be someone from Iowa or Wisconsin down there for some meat.

he must have known that minnesotans wouldnt have caught any fish

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It just goes to show those green bottom feeders will eat anything.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.