Pool 8 Gill Crappie Walleye Sauger

• pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Had the chance to hit the ice once again today with my new fishing buddie Jack. Jack isnt a very good fisherman. As a matter of fact he has 4 feet, likes to eat minnows and snow and pees on everything that smells like another dog. Yep Kack is a 9 month old chocolate lab and he loves to be out side and wont let me leave with out him. Im a firm believer if you want a good hunting buddie you need take them everywere you go(with good judgement) so when the time comes he knows what is expected and what to do.
    But anyway, fishing today was very good. Some of the best Gills I have seen in the last week and alot of numbers to go along with it. I fished a back slought way off the main channel with a little bit of current and some very deep water. This area has it all from steep sand drops with snags to docks and rocks. The gills were all on the sand drops with snags and by the current in 12 fow. The bigger ones were very aggresive to my GILL PILL and waxie presentation and would come into the flasher with authority. I dont know what got into them but boy they were hungry.
    The crappie on the other hand almost non existing. I do know that they are in the area but not able to put that bite together today. I feel the deeper water is the place to be right now for the crappie and I didnt bring the power auger to do alot of looking.
    The walleyes and saugers are still on lite bite side. Have had and seen other fisherman land the odd nice walleye or sauger but still mostly smaller ones. Jiggn spoons with a waxie or a dead stick with a minnow seems to be the ticket..
    Sorry no pictures of the fish. Waiting for the tax refund to replace the “POS” computer I am using now.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.