PWT Tourney

• ryana24
    Harmony, MN

One of our very own, BRENT07 is in 8th on the amateur side going into the last day. This is my brother so i thought i would pass it on.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

That’s great news! Keep it up BRENT07!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Go get them Brent.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Good luck, any idea who he is partnered with today ?

big g

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

A very good friend of mine Al Sholtz is in first as the boater as well . I had the pleasure of fishing with the FLW last year on Cass Lake and let me tell you this guy can lindy rig!!! He has the softest touch but knows excatly how to work these fish and I would bet the farm on today he will win it! Anyone who has fished with Al knows what I am talking about. Good luck everyone

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Way to go Brent. 1st place on the CO side. Thats got to feel good. When you get a chance give us some details on who you fished with and what was working for you.

brent07
    Preston, MN

Hey guys, thanks. I fished day one with Johnnie Candle, what a pleasure that guy was to fish with. We weighed in just under 9 pounds. Rigging with leeches brought all of the fish to the boat. Sand and gravel transitions is what we worked the most. So many fish just tough finding the right ones.

On day two I fished with Geoff Bradt. Also an excellent draw. Being a native Mille fisherman he taught me a lot of tricks to bring fish to the boat. This day the plan was to go get all 18″ and above fish off of a gravel bar and then go for the big one on the mud. Well at about 9:30 we have 4 between 18 and 19″ in the boat and I laid into a good fish, threw it on the tape and it was 28 and a hair over. We fished the rest of the day for another big one and ended up not finding it. 12.88 was the weight for that day I think. Again leeches were the ticket.

The last day I fished with Gary Roach, that man is so Walleye Savvy it is unreal, learned a lot and he was also a pleasure to fish with. All of our fish on this day were also caught on leeches. We fish the mud all day. Gary caught a 28 1/4″ er at about 1:30. We fished the rest of the afternoon for another big one that didn’t come.

That’s my story, what a week it was. If anyone is on the fence about doing one of these events I would suggest doing it. You learn so much and have fun in the process.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats!! Want to sell your boat??

brent07
    Preston, MN

Yep they are both for sale

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like a blast. Way to go on the win.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Congrats on the win!

What boat did you win?

Lund/Merc I assume?

brent07
    Preston, MN

Thanks Guys.

Yes it is a Lund with a merc on it. They did not have it at the tourney, I will be able to pick it up in 2 weeks. They were thinking that it is a 17′ tiller with a 75 horse but being merc/lund kicked in some extra $$ they were not sure. I guess we will see.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Congrats Even though it was a Husker that you edged out

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.