Hobbies?

• haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

What other hobbies do you have besides fishing/hunting?

I do a little video editing (Vegas Video).

Remote control airplanes, trucks, and an electric helicopter ($pendy hobby).

Some PC gaming.

Texas Hold’em.

Almost forgot to add IDA!

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

I skateboard, snowboard, paint, restore old motorscooters, and collect old vinyl records.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

snowboarding, football, baseball

shayla

Other than fishing and hunting, I mainly like to shoot pool and listen to old-time country, otherwise surf the web and do a lot of reading.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

fishing/hunting…

pregnant significant other and a 5 year old…

Hobby? Does holding on to what little sanity I have count? I’m not sure fishing is a hobby.. more of an ESCAPE(when she’s not there )

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Fishing, fishing, oh ya did I mention fishing. I even ”hunt” for fish. AND love spending time with my kids and grandkids.

Thanks, Bill

waterfowler99
    Midwest

i like to sit down at the computer w a can of pop and a roll of pilsbury cookie dough and surf the web—-and ponder why anyone would cook the dough

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Hmmm…besides hunting and fishing? I can’t think of any. Surfing IDA is not a hobby, more of an addiction. So basically, no, I really need a life

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’ve been involved in Ham Radio since I was 12.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I have officiated high school football for 15 years. Have stripes, will travel…………

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Quote:

listen to old-time country

Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys?
    Hank Sr.?
    Pee Wee Reese?
    Ferlin Husky?
    Grandpa Jones?
    I’m a young’un but I love my old time country music!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Doing commercial concrete curbing, I collect road signs, taken down of course

I’ve signs from bemidji to bigstone to rochester to cambridge to hinckley.

I’m coming to YOUR town

Oh and decorative concrete. I’ve done a couple counter tops and tables.

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Used to like NASCAR racing until TV ruined it with all the commericals and not so smart commentors who beat a irrevlent subject to death. Also getting into cooking more. Kinda like putzing around in the kitchen.

Gundy

billybob68
    Austin, MN

snowmobiling, camping, drinking, girls, watchin racing, football, baseball, mudding, working on projects(cars, ice houses, ect.), i also dont mind playing some ps2 everynow and then. thats alot to do in a little time so i usally combine them, haha

coppertop
    Central MN

Nothing like hikes in the woods after deer hunting is over. Shed hunting and then more shed hunting, I waste too many hours looking and now and again finding but it’s good exercise and you learn more and more about your hunting property each year.

Recently started collecting some old fishing lures for decoration.

Then some more shed hunting.

jesse
    mn

Hobbies other than hunting and fishing I got nothin, guess I might need to diversify a little

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I like to do some woodworking, a little farming (can’t make money, so it has to be a hobby), putzing in my shop, and drinking beer

krisko
    Durand, WI

Well it is kind of connected to fishing…I’ve been making my own lures….I also love to play on my PS2…favorite game is Socom…I also like to watch movies from old to new….biking and travel is also a favorite…

big_g
    Isle, MN

building things, big and small. wrenching on things, some I have no business doing…darn those extra parts. texas hold ’em. drinking a few beers with old friends. fantasy football. NASCAR. looking for good deals on old guns, to fix and shoot. archery. thast probably enuff.

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

I’ll bet the radio controlled airplanes are fantastic. My stuff fishing, (in a past life) hunting and bird dogs, less and less Nascar, Sprint Cars and mostly making things out of nothing. Waylon said you had to be crazy.

big_g
    Isle, MN

being from Knoxville, I can’t imagine you being into Sprint cars…

big g

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

I like experimenting with various grains at different temperatures. Coors light, Mich Golden & Miller Lite to name a few.

I air guitar, jumping off my bed as much as humanly possible.

I can take a guitar apart similiar to a soldier disassembling & reassembling his rifle. “This is my guitar.. There are many like it but these 19 are mine. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My guitar without me is useless (unless of course I’ve set it on fire like Hendrix) Without my guitar I am useless, (unless I have a fishing rod in my hand)”

No disrespect to any soldiers.. I’m just not as good with a rifle as I am with a guitar..

I think Nugent said something about being able to blow a Rhino into pieces at 50 paces with either a rifle or his Gibson..

Rock on !

John

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

Saw the first nationals, and all the good old drivers, Wolfgang, Opperman, Earl Wagner, Ray Lee, Gordon Wolley it was better back when it didn’t cost a fortune. Same thing all the other old guys say about everything.

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

And did I mention selling junk on eBay.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Playin piano, guitar, harmonica, and sing.

Bowling, golf, and poker too…

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

hobbies…golf, bowling, softball, playing dodgeball with sliderfsn at the plate batting , teaching my kids about the green thumb of the yard, teach the kids about trying to be a handyman, Hold’em, nature, the stars, and following my (fading fast) Broncos .

Broncs

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Along with the two givens, I coach and play hockey. Poker and watching college hockey are two favorites also.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Right now, my hobbie is my little “minnie-me”…..I never thought having a son would make me hang my hat on all my hobbies! Playing with a 16 month old little boy can be such a treat!!!!!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

My main hobby right now is photography!…. ( SPose you might have guessed that)… though fishing is really part of who I am as well…. I LOVE the outdoors… and photography gives me a chance to both be out in it… and to record it….. and even put MY perspective on it….
    that being said.. here is a shot Ive been wanting to take for a long time…. one of our local dairy farms has a pond right next to it… and Ive always loved this time of year when twilight coincides with milking the cows.. and the lights shine off the pond which is (well was) still open water….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.