Fishfinder down and out – ideas?

• Ferlin Cobb
    minneapolis, mn

Used the Humminbird 565 last weekend, worked just fine. This weekend no go. Dead as a doornail. Doesn’t power up. Checked connections, cleaned battery posts etc. still nothing. Unit is only 1 year old. Any ideas?
    This is really bad timing right before the WI musky opener

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Do you have an inline fuse that might have blown?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Have you checked the battery itself??? Sometimes something else is left on by accident and it drained your battery. Not that I would know!!!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well last friday I took my boat out for the first run of the year, toasted my lowrance x37 tx, and also broke the transducer cable to my hummingbird 565. so I have lowrance sending me a new unit for my dash, but I am still without my transducer for the trolling motor. if you don’t have any warranty left on that 565, shoot me a pm, I would like to buy that trasducer off of you if you wanted to sell it. otherwise, if it where me, I would give hummingbird a call and tell them what happened after checking your connections, and see what they can do for you or even offer you some different trouble shotting tips or ideas. also make sure that the wires that you put togeter that come from the battery to the unit, make sure them butt connections didn’t get corroded or the wires broke. I had that on mine once last year in my old boat.

shane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.