Found my first Morels!!! By accident!

• Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Found them in Woodbury today! Wow, what a neat looking mushroom! Almost stepped on them. Cooked a couple up tonight! Damn good! Should go good with the Eye’s we catch this weekend!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Feels like finding gold doesnt it?
    I know where some are right now but I had a meal of them this week and feel like I dont need any more. I dont know how to store them and not really interested. Just to get that one good meal a year is really the tradition my wife and I are sticking to.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

lay them out, chopped on news paper, as many as you want, and put a fan out to cover the area..it may take a day or so, but they will dry completely and become hard and crispy like potato chips. Just throw them in a jar or bag, whatever and they will keep for a long time. you can also use a food dehydrator but i don’t have one. When you want to use them, soak them in water a bit, they come back to their original size and bam you got fresh morels. I run into the problem every year, i can never eat them before they go bad. This year we gave a lot away and still have too many so we dried them. its been an awesome year for them.

bigpike

Found a crap load today….by accident . Here is what I do with them when I have alot (now) Put them in a pan with butter and garlic or whatever you like and fry them up, not quite all the way, just fry them enough so they start to cook down, its kinda like par-boiling, I dont know the best way to explain this so you might have to experiment. Then let them cool, then put serving sizes in a zip lock bag and freeze them, juice and all- like fish, seal the bag up without air. When you want some just take them out of the freezer and let them thaw out and warm them a little and presto, you can dehydrate also but I have found them to be more like fresh this way, but they will never be as good as they are now – fresh…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.