Would you be mad?? Mpls police

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

But most of all I don’t like neighbors who can’t get off their butt and come over and talk like a human beings

Amen Jon

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

This is fun Can you tell it’s friday and we haven’t been fishing in months?

Speak for yourself Sloppy. Just cause you can’t find bass in the Winter or Summer, don’t include everyone as not have been fishing for Months

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

I am sure glad you guys are getting your monthly rant out on the cops, that means, as a teacher, I probably won’t get it for another month………. of course, not being a republican really leaves me wide open…

Arrowslinger
    Winona, MN

Just a thought…

Is it possible that the officer was sent to your house on a prior loud music complaint, but the music had stopped, so the officer left it alone. Maybe the officer decided to knock on your door to make you aware of the complaint, although the violation had ceased prior to his arrival. Have you checked the MPLS city ordinances. I would be willing to bet there is a loud music or noise ordinace that begins at a certain time of night, but I would also bet that there is a catch-all public nuisance ordinance that covers noise violations prior to that magic hour.

As far as filing a complaint, a complaint about what? If the music was on, and the neighbors did call, the officer was only doing his job. As far as whether or not he had been to your house before, maybe he has, but the music was off…problem solved..no need to wake you up. But after being sent to the same house several times, maybe it is time to wake you up.

Just some things to think about…I do think that your anger could have been avioded had the officer taken an extra minute to be more polite, and further explain his reasoning for knocking on your door. He also could have offered a little professional knowledge as to the noise and nuisance ordinances that are in place for MPLS.

Sounds to me like any complaint filed should be filed against the neighbor who chooses to involve police in a minor civil problem between neighbors. Talk to all your neighbors, don’t accuse them, simply ask them to call you in the future..

2Fishy4U

I didn’t realize the Minneapolis Police had so little to do they would visit a guy with a loud stereo at 10PM. On the ohter hand if is is extrememly disrubtive to your neighbors perhaps it is best to turn down the volume a bit. Finally, from years of experience make an effort to meet your neighbors.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Are you guys all into day 3 of a quit smoking campaign?

Take a deep breath! I personally think you are pole vaulting over a mouse turd! Suck it up – play your music – and forget about the #%&!! neighbors. This is one incident – you decide how big to make it. You can flush this crap down the toilet and forget about it or you can dig it out and throw it around the block at everybody else too. Is that really going to make you feel better? This is your chance to be the bigger man – don’t let somebody else’s bad judgement diminish your self worth. You know what was right and what was wrong – if you were right you know it – let it be.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Back in the later 80’s, One of us graduated (well really kooty, we all did) and we always have a throw down party. We grew up on a lake, and would invite all the neighbors up and down the side. Our neighbor from, i spit you not, 11 houses, not lots (some were doubles), called the cops at about 10:30. Fortunately, my dad loved his police scanner, and came out to tell us the cops were coming. We dispersed some people down to the lake that didn’t want to be there when the cops showed up, and then about 10 of us were laying on the front lawn, enjoy some cold ones. The radio was turned down and the cop came sneaking up the road, with his lights off. He then said, “I sat down the road for like 15 minutes and didn’t hear a peep” We found out who called by paying $3.00 at the courthouse. I can guarantee you, these old farts didn’t hear a thing, but knew we were partying cause they were there earlier in the day !!! Future graduation partys, they were blackballed form attending !!!

big g

always wondered why the cop didn’t question 10 people at the party, and about 70 cars along the ditches !!

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Jeremiah…..
    Good points. I like a pretty wide variety of music from Alabama to Metallica so I don’t think the song will be a problem.

As for my silence being more important than your music…let me ask you this….if I am exorcizing my right to silence would it affect you watching tv, trying to sleep, trying to have a conversation in your kitchen or listening to your music at a level where I can’t hear it?

Lets just say for instance…you are listening to your music “Motley Crue”(good choice by the way) and it is really loud but I have a bigger better stereo and I am listening to Johnny Cash so loud you can’t hear your music in your own house even with the volume all the way up…..doesn’t that seem a bit excessive??

Whether you like Johnny Cash or not isn’t the issue…it is just pure and simple respect for those around you. If you don’t respect them…..you can’t really expect them to respect you.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Wow you guys are way more polite, I would’ve told him to prove it or GTF off my property…

I love cops, but I won’t take it form anyone who says I’m in the wrong when I’m not.

edit and you did admit to the cop you did have loud music, per you own post, first mistake.

My guess is you have a neighbor that doesn’t like you, not a cop problem.

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

WOW I really didnt expect ot see the number of responses on this. Thanks to everyone that did, some of it opened my eyes to some other sides that I had not thought of before. Needless to say my initial anger has subsided.

On that note, now that the new case of beer out in the garage has cooled off, I think its time to go out and listen to some tunes…..until 10:00 that is!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Like gary said file a complaint. It sounds like its a trumped up situation that needs reporting. Everybodys human but we have got to do certain things right or it causes complaints. Tell his captain your side of the story and see what happens then, be polite, accurate and factual this is the best way.

col._klink
    St Paul

[quoteTell his captain your side of the story and see what happens then, be polite, accurate and factual this is the best way.

If your going to complain follow the chain of command! At least you will look professional. Start with a phone call and see where that takes you.

You need to start at the bottom and work your way up. Just like anything esle.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I wasn’t there, don’t know what really happened, but I do have a ton of cop friends. Cut them some slack, and let’s all respect one another! MAybe if everyone would take a look at their local ordanicies we wouldn’t have to have people come and pay us a visit. By knowing them, you just armed yourself for when the next cop or neighbor comes over.
    Can’t we all just get along!

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Well, none of this should happen because we have conceal and carry in MN. Whats going on cowboys?? Conceal and carry solves all, right? Only kidding.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

File a complaint with the the chief.

The Chief…..

I am normally on or nearly on the same page as Gary and Slop.

But this ridiculous get serius your going to file a complaint over this…

I’ll drive you down to 3rd precint myself just to watch the Officer your filing the complaint withs reaction…

By the way there not going to tell you who called….

This is not Mayberry guys…….

You won’t find anyone more anti-goverment anti-Police abuse of power than me but this so commical I can’t stop laughing.

Thanks Pier…

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

This thread is one reason beyond the raise that made me take a job in Duluth. I can move into the country where I won’t have any “neighbors” who will infringe on my rights because they feel their rights are more important than mine.

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

This is not Mayberry guys…….

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

you can go to the city of mpls web page and look up your address and see how many times the cops have been called and for what reason…….tom fellegy

big_g
    Isle, MN

Fishahollik, does this mean your a VIKINGS fan now ???!!!

big g

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Vikes fan???

NO FREAKIN WAY!

Besides, if I live in the country, who will care if my garage is painted green and gold?

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.