boat cleaning time!

• mike t
    St Paul, MN

I was at Checker auto yesterday looking for something to get the boat cleaned of river scum and stumbled across a product called “clean X”, it’s a detergent made for pressure washers specifically for boats and cars..anyway, this stuff was amazing! with literally one wipe, it removed 3 years worth of scumline I’ve not been able to get rid of. It was cheap and highly concentrated so a gallon should last forever…highly recommended, although I have not tried it on Glass, it says OK for glass, metal and all painted surfaces. at least now I look good….

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I haven’t tried your “clean x” but Maguires wax is another good one.

thanks for the tip

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I found out Tile X works really good to take away that nasty scum on the boat, hey if it’s safe for a fiberglass shower should be OK for a boat.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I found that about a 25/75 mix of vinegar/water works well. Downside is your boat smells like you just cracked open a jar of pickles.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I use CLR. (calcium, lime, and rust) You know, the stuff that used to be advertised on TV. It works great. That water vinegar mixed does nothing compared to this stuff. I tried.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I read a post on here a while back that said baby wipes work well for getting rid of the scum line.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.