Motorguide XI5 Question

• MikeLarson

Looking for more feed back im nailing down my boat electronics this Tuesday and will be running Lowrance units. so far I herd the spot lock is much better then the I pilot and the draw back is no lcd screen and the updates to come. Anymore input would be great

kidfish

It sounds like even though there is no LCD screen, you will be able to see the status on your HDS screens. Without using one, I can’t be sure, but that’s what I’ve heard.

Bryan Myers

I have heard that the spot lock is much better on the xi5 than the terrova but the remote doesn’t have an LCD screen, and as of last month we couldn’t get the stuff yet to hook it up to a 12 touch but it is supposed to be able to hook up soon.

MikeLarson

I herd the same thing looking more for guys running them now and there thoughts ?

coxaaa
    Northern IA

In a previous post regarding this motor, Dean mentioned he got one and used it for the LPO tournament and was pleased thus far.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Has a cable drive style foot pedal that is front to back for steering.

Can activate spot lock via foot pedal.

On the upside its a wireless foot pedal using batteries but on the downside its a wireless foot pedal using batteries…

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

A friend of mine had nothing but trouble with his FIRST one. Had to replace GPS in the head of the unit, then needed a new foot pedal because it would only work with the remote, then it quit working altogether, new complete unit finally solved the problem. He was getting a little panicky as it was 18 hours before a tournament.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

A friend of mine had nothing but trouble with his FIRST one. Had to replace GPS in the head of the unit, then needed a new foot pedal because it would only work with the remote, then it quit working altogether, new complete unit finally solved the problem. He was getting a little panicky as it was 18 hours before a tournament.

Sounds like my first Terrova. The thing had gremlins or was built on a mandatory Sunday overtime day. The second one worked great. Anything built by human hands will occasionally have a lemon. I wouldn’t rule out considering anything based on one bad unit. I’ve heard good things about the Xi5 but don’t have any personal experience with one yet.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Mine worked as it should

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Mine worked as it should

moreyes said in past tense.

(buy the way is it se or ce?)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.