Here moosey moosey

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Now that is just plain wrong.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That was extremely offensive. Who the %#(*^#@ does that guy think he is?!?!?!

Was it even legal? If not he needs to be arrested.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What an a-hole. Hope he runs into some barbed wire down the road.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

thats bs……he should have just waited a bit with out yelling and hooting…… f’n d-bag

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

He didn’t even put it out of its misery. Typical self important person. Get out of my way or else.

The good news is since this was posted and put on the web, it shouldn’t be too hard to track them down.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I hope the proper authorities can track the guy down from the video evidence and prosecute him. The video clearly shows that he was the aggressor in this situation.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Coward. I think that’s like #38 on the list of options.
    PITA will have a field day with that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Today’s YouTube age I see daily wildlife encounters where I just shake my head. It is amazing more people don’t die or get seriously injured from wildlife encounters.

Just the other day I saw a guy “playing” with a coyote and having him chew on his boot. I’ve also seen people chasing a 1000#+ moose on a snowboard.

I suppose we don’t get to see the Darwin award videos.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

That is plain wrong. That moose was leaving just wait. It was just as scared as the snow mobiler and he didn’t have to shoot it. That guy need to be fined and snow mobiler privilege gone. I hope the DNR or Conservation officer pays a visit to figure this out. Very sad is all I can say

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Today’s YouTube age I see daily wildlife encounters where I just shake my head. It is amazing more people don’t die or get seriously injured from wildlife encounters.

Just the other day I saw a guy “playing” with a coyote and having him chew on his boot. I’ve also seen people chasing a 1000#+ moose on a snowboard.

I suppose we don’t get to see the Darwin award videos.

I saw one of a guy feeding two deer thru an open patio door. They would lean well inside the house. One day their gonna go all the way in and then the homeowner will kill them. “I don’t get it, they’ve always been so tame”

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Suzuki I 10000% agree what you said. This guy needs to be arrested

and another thought get out of the way of the moose. or maybe a warning shot ONLY

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you think I am going to hand feed the deer that come to my yard, it isn’t happening. Although I would have to resist the urge.

Its not like they’d let me get lose anyway. These aren’t country deer, they are city deer. They aren’t alive because they are dumb and tame.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

If you think I am going to hand feed the deer that come to my yard, it isn’t happening. Although I would have to resist the urge.

Its not like they’d let me get lose anyway. These aren’t country deer, they are city deer. They aren’t alive because they are dumb and tame.

I wasn’t suggesting that. Just a video on FB yesterday

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Suzuki I 10000% agree what you said. This guy needs to be arrested

and another thought get out of the way of the moose. or maybe a warning shot ONLY

I thought the same thing about the warning shot. First shot was aimed to kill! On an animal that’s walking away! Coward for sure.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I wasn’t suggesting that. Just a video on FB yesterday

Oh sorry, I wasn’t referring to you. I was kind of talking out loud. “If you” = “If anyone”

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am not a hunter, but will gladly take some venison. That said, is this really that bad? Dont moose kill more people than bear in the US? It charged them once, couldnt it again?

Looking at the trail, this is an off road, non-groomed trail. They might be near there home, close to an urban area, or they could be in the middle of nowhere and any injury could mean death.

Deer, moose, wolves use snowmobile trails to walk on in winters with deep snow because they are easy to walk on. Most run away with the noise. An aggressive moose using sled trails, it might just be a matter of time before someone hits it or it hurts somebody, then we are talking about multiple deaths.

On the face of it, it looks bad. But I can see many cases for a justified kill.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Wow, some people here are pretty quick to judge. It had already attacked his sled once and was turning around to come back again, I can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same thing. Pretty easy to say he/she was wrong sitting at your computer.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Ok then let it suffer and drive by?
    Now judge it

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

He ran up on it after seeing it. He didn’t finish the job.

To me, he seemed like he was in a hurry and couldn’t be bothered by a moose in his way. When the moose went after him, it was time to teach the moose a lesson.

I can’t say with certainty it was unavoidable. I can say he put himself in that position. Had he stayed where he was originally when he saw it and the moose attacked him and he finished the job, I might have a different view.

b-mac
    Hudson, WI

What a little b!tch.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I absolutely would have driven by like that person did until everyone was out of harms way. You know for a fact that he didn’t go back and finish the job, how do you know this?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Homie redneck, see how he had that gangster side cap going on? He just upped his street cred on the mean dirt roads of loserville.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Regarding finishing it off, he was likely out of bullets. Other videos show him popping a bald eagle, Jack Links Big Foot, Rudolph, an elf and half of the Village People.

All after they attacked him.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

He advanced on the moose while hooting even while the moose was aproaching. My guese was to scare him off like it was a stray cat. Well young male moose are not cats and are by nature aggressive and more than willing to rise to a challange.
    The guy put himself in harms way either by ignorance or the lack of tollarance to wildlife.This could have easily been avoided .

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Quote:

He ran up on it after seeing it.

I can’t say with certainty it was unavoidable. I can say he put himself in that position. Had he stayed where he was originally when he saw it and the moose attacked him and he finished the job, I might have a different view.

I have to agree with Pug.

He ran up on it after seeing it. Seems to me the guy could have used a little patience and waited for the moose to make the first move. As it was, the driver advanced upon the moose, the moose took this as a threat and responded in like manner.

I’d say the moose was acting in self defense first.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Stop and think what something like this does for the cc people who don’t break the law. Did he have a license to kill the animal? Did the animal make contact with him? Did this dolt fire a shot or two into the air to scare the animal off? I say feed this sucker his nuts, right after they’re shot off using his own gun. Then lock him up for ten years. People like this should not be in the general public.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That made me sick to my stomach.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

He ran up on it after seeing it.

I have to agree with Pug.

He ran up on it after seeing it. Seems to me the guy could have used a little patience and waited for the moose to make the first move. As it was, the driver advanced upon the moose, the moose took this as a threat and responded in like manner.

I’d say the moose was acting in self defense first.

I’m agree with this observation. He clearly took an aggressive action when he could have chose to stay back and let the moose move off on its own.
    End result = dead moose!

Just my opinion, but it’s hard for me to understand why the moose had to die because of this guys lack of patience.

If this was a stand your ground case:
    Who invaded who’s living room?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.